rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The indicator relay packed up on the way down and blew a fuse. So need one of those now.
Here's an internal shot, kindly modelled by ozziedog.

I mentioned the fuse because I forgot that this also feeds the windscreen wipers. As I found out on the motorway when it started to piss down.
Along with the random steering this sharpened the concentration on the way home, although the ride was awesome. :)

The notches will also cure another issue, there's a little bit of perforation in the chassis legs right where they're going. :msn4:

68_early_bay said:
the joys of vw's ... do one job, create 10 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still haven't started on the pre-Ninove list that I made a month or so ago before I decided to take the bus apart....

StuF said:
Again - very good work mate
So jealous you have the use of a lift!

Us peasants have to rely on axle stands and lying on our backs! :lol:
Be awesome when done though!

I really can't thank Nick enough for the use of his facilities and his assistance working on my shitty VWs over the last 30 odd years.

Myvanway said:

Yep. :D

sparkywig said:
The indicator relay packed up on the way down and blew a fuse. So need one of those now.
Here's an internal shot, kindly modelled by ozziedog.

I mentioned the fuse because I forgot that this also feeds the windscreen wipers. As I found out on the motorway when it started to piss down.
Along with the random steering this sharpened the concentration on the way home, although the ride was awesome. :)

Do you have a part no off the relay case?
Will have a look about and see if I can locate one! :D

Not sure if this is the part you are looking for?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1791745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

6250585.jpg

6250586.jpg

6250584.jpg

sparkywig said:

The only issue I've got is the un-nerving random lack of steering when the trackrods foul the chassis. :? :lol:

Notches next then....

Are the track rods flipped as well as the spindles?

i like these threads, i looked at first page when it arrived on the back of the truck and then the last page, finished. Bus looks great!

If your still stuck for a relay try http://www.vehicleproducts.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ninove, 748 miles and approx. £100 worth of unleaded later. What can I say, absolutely awesome weekend again.
Friday at toffo's house.

All ready for the off early Saturday morning.

At Bonjour Services, Calais.

Jabbeke Services

Brewery lineup.

Loaded up

FreddyFiles meal

Fancy dress winners at the Gonzo Bar

Nice pics and story 8)
Cheers for sharing and glad the suspension is all good (assuming it is now??)

Looks like you all had a fantastic time!
And there was no snow :msn4:
Soon be time for you to get a new bus mate - this one is nearly finished!! :lol: :lol:
Awesome pics 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

sparkywig said:
No rain either Stu, just sun, 'kin cold though.

No new bus, maybe another few sets of wheels. :D

New Wheels???
You????
Never!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

How many sets has it been now 20?
8)

Latest posts