rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooray!!!

Managed a couple of nights away over the weekend. Fairly quiet site. ;)

Weather wasn't brilliant Friday with torrential rain and 50mph winds. But made much more hospitable with an online whisky tasting.

Saturday was a better day, and the rest of the family came over for a walk and a spot of lunch at a local pub.

Other than the weather - that looks like bliss!

Any particular favourites from your tasting? I'll be heading up to Scotland in a couple of months and won't be a million miles from there so might need to drop in 😉

Sounds like a great trip even f the weather wasn't up to much and can't beat a whiskey tasting session :)

Ran the Squareback to Classics at the Clubhouse Air-cooled Edition on Sunday for it's last trip in my ownership.

Had some nice neighbours.

That was the last run in the Type 3 for a while, the next time I drive it will be onto a car transporter when it gets collected.
I can concentrate on the deluxe bus now.

Nice aerial shot pinched from instagram

Air-cooled Camp Out weekend

All set up. Gorgeous weather on Friday, didn't see much of Saturday and intermittent rain on Sunday packing up.

Torrential rain most of the way home, rear hatch leaked, Westy window leaked, front quarterlights leaked....

A few days away in Cornwall, just under 400 miles in all.
Packed and ready to go.

Steady drive down under gray skies and lots of drizzle, until we got to the Devon border when it starting pissing down for the rest of the journey.
Got set up in driving rain and gusty wind. Then it stopped for about 30 minutes after we'd finished.

Off for a day trip to Lanhydrock near Bodmin.

Then off to Padstow to visit the brewery tap and Stein's Fish & Chips.

Finished the day with a walk along the cliffs.

The rear hatch leak is down to a split rubber caused by the break-in last year at Calais.

Fortunately I've got a NOS hatch rubber in stock, unfortunately I was trying to keep it for the deluxe bus.

The oil leak is still to be determined, could be oil cooler seals or remote cooler lines rather than RMS, so this will be investigated at the MOT on Friday.
Nice day, if rather hot, for a drive though.

Just had a weekend away at Fir Tree Farm Caravan Site, better known as the location for the Air-cooled and Early Bay Camp Outs.

The weather was very, um, unsettled I think is the more accurate description. Constantly windy, and sunny between the downpours. :lol:

Latest posts