San Diego Westfalia

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammedresto

Reaction score
My new westy was kindly delivered by Juan today, he called in on his way to Vanfest and we struck a deal, Juan and Juan Senior then called back to mine to drop it off before I took them to the station on their way to Paris

Between friday and today I sourced a westy sink unit, and a westy stool to complete the interior, and these where fitted about an hour after i got it................lol

Got a few bit to finish off, but it a well tidy bus, nipper loved it and wanted his dinner in it, it was a fight to get him out for bed

P1030997.jpg

P1030998.jpg

P1040001.jpg

P1040002.jpg

Looks like a good buy 8)
Watched the build thread so we all know what you have let yourself in for (next to nothing) ;)

cheers creation

mcvw, unlikely atm as every penny is sunk in this and my deluxe, so not until i decide whats the keeper :lol:

the secrets out. :lol: id definitely have had this bus if you hadnt, its a beaut. 8)

White westy, red westy, white westy, red westy...............................You're a bit fickle Gary :lol: :lol:

Looks sweet mate ;) Needs to be slammed though, once you sell the other bus :mrgreen:

windsurfer said:
White westy, red westy, white westy, red westy...............................You're a bit fickle Gary :lol: :lol:

Looks sweet mate ;) Needs to be slammed though, once you sell the other bus :mrgreen:

in order of buses from 2006 when i bought my first one

white 69 westy tintop ( then painted it savanah beige)
red 69 microbus
blue 71 microbus
white 69 westy tintop
white 70 westy pop top
beige 69 microbus
red 71 westy pop top

thats an average of 1.75 buses per year................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fickle, ive no idea what you mean :lol:

its never gonna fit in the garage at stock height, but im not gonna slam this one, maybe some dropped spindles once the beige one is sold, but thats gonna be tough, as its gonna be a really mint microbus with a cool camping interior

Right, a good day spent on niggles etc, whilst I await my shipping/vat forms and light to fit for the mot

not exactley mind blowing, but was nice to have a bus to fidle with lol

Took the rear bed apart and fitted a new/used foam Juan supplied with the bus, as the old one had a dodgy repair

P1040019.jpg

P1040020.jpg

Fitted my bambus shelf and cup holder :lol:

P1040022.jpg

glued down the cuboard trim that was coming off

P1040021.jpg

fitted some seatbelts in the rear

P1040026.jpg

Thats looking good Gary, and i know what you mean its satisfying to clear up a few little issues.

I'm wondering what glue you used to hold the trim in place?