Saw this in a junkyard today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

This is the cleanest bus i have seen and it is in a pick n pull junkyard. I saw a thread on thesamba about it last week and today was my 1st day off since then. It is about 80 miles away but we got a lot of good parts off of it. :p cant it the other pics on here but it has no rust or dents in it. the yard will not sell the whole bus just parts.

Attachments

• 100_3387.jpg
    100_3387.jpg
    200.9 KB
  • 100_3392.jpg
    100_3392.jpg
    201.4 KB
Is that the '70 everyone is going crazy over at thesamba? Wow, it still even has the windshield trim. I can't believe they won't let someone save it :cry:

That thing is pratcially a show winner yet they are breaking it :shock:
huh.gif

Does make you wonder why,perhaps some official body should look into it as I cant see it being financially viable to do this.

this is one of the reasons, I would love to live in California!!

its just a shame they dont really have my proffesion over there :(

chrisby said:
Does make you wonder why,perhaps some official body should look into it as I cant see it being financially viable to do this.

It's sad, but true. I found a 1958 double door 15 window sign written from the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego in a pick and pull a few years back, wouldn't let me buy it. Went to the crusher. I pulled all the parts off I could afford to buy!

Stupid me,I thought this was in the UK,a few years back when I went to San Fran to buy my Split I couldnt believe some of the buses that were going to be broken up they would have been worth £5000 up :!:

tub try uploading your pics to photobucket, you can get more images on, that bus looks better than mine :(

could you cut off a couple of front arches for me :p :lol:

Dont know about the front arches Johnny but have you ever seen such a perfect front 8) and those deluxe trims on the side would finish my deluxe off a treat :D

Thing is a bus like that, cut to pieces can make a whole lot more than if it was sold as a whole project. Just look at some of the prices at dealers here and these bits do sell.

Sad fact is that hundreds of good busses are being cut up to keep others, often in worse condition on the road, a victim of their own popularity I guess.

it love the shell,wish id not seen this im pissed now :(

whats the idea behind not selling the shell?is it due to law or something?

i know over hear if its a certain catogry right of there not aloud to sell the whole car on????

Johnny said:
tub try uploading your pics to photobucket, you can get more images on, that bus looks better than mine :(

I have 3 pair of 68-71 front wheel arches on the water right now headed to Sussex, why didn't you ask?

strongy said:
it love the shell,wish id not seen this im pissed now :(

whats the idea behind not selling the shell?is it due to law or something?

i know over hear if its a certain catogry right of there not aloud to sell the whole car on????

It's a unibody construction vehicle. You are allowed to take the body if it's removable (not by oxy-acetelyn!) by our laws, drafted when everybody drove Chevys. It's crap I tell you! Reading it on here is frustrating, imagine that savannah beige beauty RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU? Heartbreaking. I've seen so many splits in similar condition get crushed over the last 20 years, still can't get used to it.

woodslat said:
Johnny said:

I have 3 pair of 68-71 front wheel arches on the water right now headed to Sussex, why didn't you ask?

I'm too slow as usual, eric :(

Johnny said:
woodslat said:
Johnny said:

I'm too slow as usual, eric :(

They're not spoke for yet, I'll ask when they are to arrive. Time to get your list together of other parts you need!

Latest posts