SCAT SHIFTER OR EMPI SHIFTER

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baj

Reaction score
Hi there, can anyone give me some advice on which shifter is best to get please.
I have an empi shifter now in my bus but it's had it, I have had it for over 7 years.
Is the scat one going to be that much better for an extra £40.
I have Xmas money to buy :D

Your opinion's please....
Many thanks brucie

Sounds like its burning a hole in your pocket Brucie :p From all the posts it would seem like stock is the way to go because you`ll hear peeps everynow and then have a little snidey dig at one or other of the companies that provide alternative gearsticks and the issues they have had with them, but maybe just maybe there are peeps out there that don`t read the fitting instructions,, heaven forbid :roll: Gene Berg seems to mainly get a good impression with peeps but is a little pricier perhaps. Think on the other hand about a gearstick seven years old that may be about to be changed or a stock one that has lasted forty odd years ;) Check out the pic and if you look closely you`ll see an O.D.SpeedmasterMK11 and you just don`t see very many of these at all, and this is possibly the best gearchange you`ll ever get if you can get one in good shape.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Check that one Matey,, ;) :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen: ;)

I had an Empi for 3 years then upgraded to a CSP... 1 of the best things I ever did. I've driven buses with Scat & Vintage speed shifters, wasn't overly impressed tbh :? Berg shifters are nice but I do prefer the CSP... cheaper, better shift throw reduction and are longer.

Wow.... Ok so just looked at the csp & vintage speed shifters very nice but out of my price range at moment..

Scat and Empi do the job, both have draw back and I have broken both, I now have a gene Berg which is the best going, the CSP is pretty much a european copy of the Gene Berg.

Remember we have a 10% disocunt till the end of december so you'll get 10% off your csp shifter through us.

I read about some issues with empi and scat so i'm staying with my stock until the pennies permit a CSP or Gene

Cheers guys... Not sure what to do now.
Think I'll dig a bit deeper & get csp one.
Seeing as I've had an empi one & it's knackard why buy another... ;)

I've had a Scat on my bus for a year now and love it, I don't go in reverse anymore which was annoying and it shifts like a normal car gear stick now, only a few inches.
Steve

Latest posts