• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Searching for Unobtainium

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SF Bay

Reaction score
Does anyone have a wiring loom and a fuse box for a 68 please? Or something similar that can be easily modified/adapted to suit?

Thanks
Ian

Ian

I guess you are keeping the single cab then?, Herbie 58 on here does new wiring looms

Graham L said:
Ian

I guess you are keeping the single cab then?, Herbie 58 on here does new wiring looms

Hi Graham, not keeping it just investing a little more time and money on it and in return hopefully get a higher price. Thanks for the heads up on the loom, I can't find a user going by the name of Herbie 58 though :(

67 BAY said:
Got a good fusebox will get some pics and PM them
Steve

Thanks Steve!
Cheers
Ian

Ian

Sorry it was supposed to be '58Herbie'

http://forum.earlybay.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jons a top bloke, knows his onions when it comes to all things electrical as well :wink:

Thanks guys!

Johnny, have you had a parcel arrive yet?

Hope it's everything you expected

yes ian, thanks alot for that, havent had a chance to look at it yet but im sure itll be as expected :wink:

Johnny said:
yes ian, thanks alot for that, havent had a chance to look at it yet but im sure itll be as expected :wink:

Excellent news. If you are not happy with it I will gladly organise a full refund (inc postage) for you

Cheers
Ian

This german dealer is showing 67 to 79 harnesses available (spec year on request), might be worth a try.

http://shop.volkswarenhaus.de/index.php/cat/c380_wiring-harness---wiring-diagram.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hell, think i need to charge more for mine if thats a price for just the main harness....

i think not..why do these peope think they can charge a small fortune for something that you still have to modify to fit..

jon.

:x :x

out of interest jon what do you charge for a harness?

did my bug a long time ago was a bit special mil spec IP66 connectors all round made stripping wings and harness elements etc.. a doddle, took me an age not sure i have the spare time to do the bay :? saying that the office may be changeing my hours....

take jon up on his stuff as he knows his stuff and it`s all good as far as anyone who has bought from him has said ..good rep= quality product

Thanks Guy's

have Pm'd prices to Tim and Araon..

for anybody else a complete factory standard loom from front to back inc (headlamps/dash/ batt leads etc) all labled and with diagram and instructions and using brass and tinned crimps as per original spec..so this is basically everything appart from interior light wires in the roof and heated rear window if fitted start at £295.00 plus postage..

extra wires can be fitted during build up for any extra gauges or stereo or split charge etc at extra cost to look factory fit..

These are built using modern thinwall cable in Vw colours and shrinkwrapped just like original..

Thanks

Jon

Latest posts