Seats

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spend some of your hard earned. Talk to the experts. Talk to the guys that do real miles and what they’ve ended up with. Newton Commercial I think they’re called. Forget the trying to fit a load of worn out bollocks from some other old jalopies :) It’s a van , needs van seats. :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,I’m gonna brace myself and get some too :)

In my opinion, unless you've set yourself on trying to get non-original seats to fit, you'd be better off spending the money on refurbing the original ones.
After repairing/replacing broken springs, padding and covers they are remarkably comfortable.

Another reason and I hope all are ok. Driving home from work on Friday the M4 Prt Talbot was closed East Bound. An early bay had been rear ended by a transit. It had been pushed into a vehicle in front. The rear was slammed in to the axle there was some damage to the front drivers side. Apart from possible leg injuries the van occupants would have had whip lash if the had OG seats.

I leave enough braking space to my front but you can’t do anything about being rear ended.

In my opinion, unless you've set yourself on trying to get non-original seats to fit, you'd be better off spending the money on refurbing the original ones.
After repairing/replacing broken springs, padding and covers they are remarkably comfortable.
Totally agree, our bus had MGF seats fitted when we purchased it, they fitted fine but you sit higher in the cab, the top of the windscreen was only just above eye height. Luckily the original seats came with it and we refurbed them and recovered them and they are comfy and much better driving position. Also so much easier to slide in and out of the seat rather than climbing over a bolster to get in.

2385320.jpg
I’m looking for new seats. Mine are shot. Has anyone fitted the ones in the picture BB classic
What about behind the seat access?
I fitted the stow and go middle seats from a Chrysler minivan , you do have to make some seat brackets but they come with their own sliding track and they fold flat, or down to the steering wheel in the driver side

Daihatsu hijet seats might be worth looking at. Low squab. Fwd and back + recline.

I fitted them, got them covered and added extension bar to the driver seat to extend the seat base as I'm tall I wanted longer seats. Low squab means no issues with head room.
Cost me £50, used the runners that came with the seat
17168256715369072318770047991583.jpg

Latest posts