Selling a car!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_B

Reaction score
No not an advert, just some advise from you worldly people!

I have a golf for sale on Autotrader. Today I get an email enquiry, which I respond to. An hour to so later the guy comes back to me and says he is happy with my description and the price and he wants to buy it for his daughters birthday so keeping it secret from her!

He says he is in the navy so can't access his bank nor see the car, wants to pay ONLY by paypal and that I should send him my paypal details and will make payment and then send someone to come and collect the car.

All sounds very dodgy to me, I guess if in doubt steer clear?

Total scam Matt. Don't fall for it. They send you fake paypal forms link you to fake paypal sites. They get your login info and sometimes even come and take the car. Steer clear.

aspro said:
Total scam Matt. Don't fall for it. They send you fake paypal forms link you to fake paypal sites. They get your login info and sometimes even come and take the car. Steer clear.
Cheers bud, thought so!

If he is in the Navy there will be no issue with him accessing his bank account!

He clearly has access to the internet!

Avoid as they are clearly scammers!

It probably is a scam but back in 2006 I was in Afghanistan. At the time you could get on EBay and I saw an MG Midget in Derby so I bought it then paid by Paypal and told the guy a mate would be around to collect. Which he duly did, driving from Oxford up and back. He could have thought it a scam but for the seller it worked out. For me an MG Midget with a full ticket. Got back to UK a month later got the car and found the chassis was rotten. It was that f****er who scammed me. You could just say cash on collection.

Also get a pic of the daughter. :shock:

Latest posts