shabby - might be getting a new name

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shiplee123 said:
Your doing a great job mate !

Thanks chap, I'm trying hard. It keeps fighting back though :) I could do with another to get about in meanwhile.

Gave the motor a spring clean :)

Found the outside tins loose on heat ex changers due to thin and missing metal, the rest was good so made a repair. Should be good for a few years now.

Hi Trebor
You have done some amazing work since I last checked out your thread.
Grit your teeth and fight on.... It will be a credit to you when finished ( of course they are never ever completely finished LOL)

Thanks for the comments, I've started to get a bit OCD with the tins !

y2uve8y5.jpg

I started just sanding it to key the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well not much to show for the weekend but I told the other half she could have a potting greenhouse so I stuck that up for her. Not bad for £75 takes minutes to put up.

Then it came to me in a flash :idea: :idea: :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can see where I'm going with this ( spray booth ) I'm skating on thin ice, I told her she can have it when I've finished with it. Might be a funny colour inside but it will still work :lol: :lol:

Never mind the colour of the plants etc. that come out of there , if she gets it back. :lol: :lol:

J & P
:D :D :D

I said I'd try to stop over spray getting on it :lol: I was thinking of an old tent but she wouldn't let me use ours.

Bit paranoid now :shock: Any one seen a spider like this one ? camera don't really show the red colour. I have some webs appearing inside the bay :?

Cleaned the box I got off Bruce, later one but should fit ok with a new clutch.

Found another spider :shock: loads of egg sacks :? Got my hands really dirty cleaning out the rear hubs, Im sure they used the same black grease as the cv joints. Just as a precaution I took the gear link rod out, would recommend this as it was in a state, not sure what your supposed to lubricate the plastic bushes with though.
Nothing seem to be going back in and my garage was full before I started, it may have to go in the spare bedroom.

Dam and blast. Its going to be a bitch being hardened. Will have to check for play on the bearing surface first before having a go getting it out, looks a bit heated as though bearing has spun on there.

Spot welded my extension on from Steve / 67 bay.

Thanks, I,m feeling a bit overwhelmed just now with the jobs to do :( Suffering with brain overload with what to do next. Had problems with my Rustbuster paint bubbling for some reason on my firewall panel after I cleaned it spotless. Looking at ordering parts online is not one of my favorite jobs, much prefer to go and buy over the counter and get advise at the same time but all the discounts are online. But underneath all the crap paint is a White westy itching to come out, if I do a bit at a time Its not too bad, bloody boring though :lol:

Do these pictures look small to you, what size is best ?

Latest posts