Shiplee' s 1969 California westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes looking ok isn't it trebor.

What u can't see is a load of paint chips on the rear valance :shock: not to nasty but I will won'ts sorting t b h .

When I've more time I'll wip that back off and sort it out properly but just not on my priority list right now !

Didn't do a lot on the bus today!

Mrs shippas weren't feeling so well n went back to bed :(

I decided to play with the boys out in the garden

A bit later on I got board and couldn't help myself.
I found a half empty tin of clear varnish in the garage and remembered that I needed to varnish the conternental bed to seal it in case one of the kids had a wee accident in the middle of the night :lol:

Only had one coat of varnish and it's gotta b Upholstered but it's gonna look awesome I recon!

Boys r gonna love it , and now it's wee wee proof !

Yes mate
We have booked DATH ( dubs at the hall ) holt hall north Norfolk.
I think it's 4-6 July
Superb weekend , we were there last year , great for family's !
Now u may think that's ages away but I've gotta get it mot , registered , and we have another baby due any time now !
The bus won't b finished but I'm hoping it will b on the road ?

Have u ever been to DATH ?

So today's job was to get the continental bed fix up in the bus. It's not upholstered yet but that can b done at a later date.

Typical, the first time this year I decide to get the bus out of the garage it decides to rain!

By mid morning the rain had become just drizzle

I've got carb issues at the moment . I've just got hold of an original solex but not rebuilt it yet so had to tow the bus out of the garage.

First time I've seen the new fush alloys in the open air. Will look nice when lowered!

Here's a few pics from the day!

The boys absolutely loved the roof bed
My oldest ( 5 n a half ) played up there , opening the canvas zips looking out. He wonted to spend more time up there , take a drink and the I pad lol!
Maybe when we are camping the kids will b desperate to go to bed :lol:

In the afternoon dad rang up. We have been having problems with the electrics. Mainly the headlight latching relay. It was kinda the last attempt before I rang a auto sparky.
We were about to give up , nothing was going right when what ya know I think we have sorted it out !
He's back in the morning because a fuse keeps blowing but I think we are nearly there!

Just the carb to sort now !

I decided I wonted a solex carb. I had one on my last bus and they seem to work the best.
I got this from a fellow earlybay member
Bit grubby so next job was to clean it up before rebuilding

After an initial clean with carb cleaner it was still pretty grubby
I read on internet that soaking it in coke over night was good so thought I'll give it a go

Latest posts