Shiplee' s 1969 California westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Nigel

Was a scary moment realising your wife was relying solely on me , knowing u can't make the hospital and knowing you were on your own because the paramedics or midwives weren't gonna get there in time.

Just had to get stuck in !

Thankfully it wasn't our first baby because they are a lot slower and a lot more stressful !
My wife is a pro now , she done well ,

As for me , guess I'm on a high.... U don't get to deliver a baby every day!

Thanks daz

I've got a week off work now

Only got my carb to sort then mot.

I'm beginning to think we may possibly make DATH in a few weeks

Happy days !

Congratulations to you all!

It's been quite the story, first you have the snip then announce your wife is expecting then the sale of your old bus and the purchase of your new one. Then baby arrives you deliver it and in the afternoon your sorting your electrics.

Earlybay soap opera :lol:

Oh mate it's been a busy time !

I'd like to say that's it , but I recon there will b more fun n games as yet lol !

What I'd like is things to settle down for a while, get the bus sorted and just enjoy some time out!

I think my wife deserves that :)

Yes was a very silly thing to do , change my bus when I knew we had another baby on the way and also already got two young kids.

For thoz of u with out children I can't stress enough how much time and energy young baby's and children demand!

I have no idea how I have managed to get this bus done ?

Had my machanic round tonight. Fitted the solex carb I rebuilt. We just couldn't get the bus to idle at all!
Turns out the gasket under the carb was letting in a bit of air? We changed it and running nicely. We have a few more jobs to do ( round again Sunday for another session ) but he's given me the go ahead to send it down the garage for an mot so happy days :D

Just spotted, congrats on the new arrival.
Wife says aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh so cute , and I stopped her there.

Well done both of you.

J & P
:D :D :D

:shock:

Sleep ? What's sleep ?

It's ok now the baby's here and Im not on hospital call , I'm drinking plenty of wine so getting a bit of sleep lol!

If that don't work I'll b sleeping in the drive in the westy !

Wouldn't surprise me if the two older boys join me :lol:

Latest posts