Shit happened

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAS-bus

Reaction score
Thursday evening, when returning back from work, disaster stroke.

IMGP0902.jpg

IMGP0903.jpg

After two hours, I finaly got the bus home. I couldn't drive it anymore because the pedals were stuck.

DSC01155.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

And yesterday, I started to take things apart so I could investigate the damage to see which parts will be necessary for the rebuild.

DSC01158.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01166.jpg

DSC01167.jpg

DSC01170.jpg

So guess I have a lot of work ahead of me and the bus won't see any meets again this season I guess.

If anyone in main Europe has some spares like a complete front and left door, let me know so I can start the rebuild.

The car in front of me suddenly braked, I didn't have the time to react, so I 'kissed' the car in front of me...

Every owners worst night mare :cry: Sorry to see it.

:cry: Chin up fella, I know exactly how you feel. You will feel better as your van takes shape again.
It could of been a lot worse, glad your ok...
Andy

Thank you all for the nice words.

Allready found a new front end, so that should make the rebuild a lot easier.

So guys, can you help me out.

I have two options at the moment
The first one is to repair the bus, paint the new pieces and roll with it.

My misses thinks it's a good time to completly redo the bus. Inside and outside.

Either way, it will be lowered a little more, gasburners are planned together with some disk brakes and seatbelts.

What would you do?

Agree with everything apart from Gasburners , Steel rims look ace on there mate

nightmare!

still, if it helps, my bus looked exactly like that 4 years ago (someone did a hand brake turn into the front panel, can you believe?!) but i never even think about it anymore

As it's a long weekend over here, I managed to do some things on the bus today.

To ease the repair, I started by pushing out most of the dents. I must admit, it went better as expected. The floor came out pretty well and I also managed to get the dooropening correct.

DSC01239.jpg

DSC01240.jpg

DSC01244.jpg

DSC01242.jpg

DSC01241.jpg

Because of the bented door, it's not possible yet to close it. The next thing I plan to do is to try to straighten the door. If it doesn't work, I'll have to locate a good used one.

DSC01243.jpg

As I was satisfied with the result, I had some time left to fit my homemade dropped spindles.

DSC01238.jpg

So compared to the height measured when I got the bus, it is now dropped a 17cm which is about 6.5 inch on balljoints. With some low profile tires and some more adjusting, it will sit a little lower soon.

DSC01246.jpg

DSC01247.jpg

Latest posts