Shit happened

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Shit did happen. I would pull it out and sort it back right too. No to the Gasburners though. Aces to you for fixing it. I've seen many a otherwise straight bay in a junkyard with nose damage. We need to save them if we can. :p

Today, I've spent some more time on my EB.
I've fitted some low profile tires and the bus is now dropped approx. 7.5 inch.
To level things out a little, I've dropped the rear by one more outer spline. I had to notch the springplates a little but now things look really good I guess.
Check it out for yourself...
DSC01249.jpg

DSC01250.jpg

DSC01254.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

DSC01256.jpg

DSC01257.jpg

DSC01258.jpg

DSC01259.jpg

DSC01261.jpg

DSC01262.jpg

DSC01263.jpg

DSC01264.jpg

DSC01265.jpg

To froggy: the dropped spindles are basicly the same as the WagenWest ones. But as I didn't want to spend that amout of cash on them, I decided to give it a try myself. And guess what? I was a lot cheaper: one pair of good used spindles for 75 euro's, 25 euro to machine them once cut and a few hours of my time. Result: cheap ass dropped spindles and a good looking and comfortable rolling dropped bus.

Dude, fair play, I love your attitude (and the buses altitude)! ................. The front is smashed in - sod it! I'll slam it instead :lol:

What size tyres are you running?

Hi Spence,

thanks for the comment.
The tires up front are 135 R 14 and 205/70 R 14 at the back. I must admid that those 135's are really skinny and look pretty radical, even without a narrowed beam which is planned.

had similiar damage to my front clip, on a much smaller scale than yours though but as me rides all shiney i got it repaired and looks good as new ( cheers dan :p ),
but i love the look of your bus fella even with the crumples......the colour and stance are spot on buddy

keep the pics coming ;)

ste :mrgreen:

Spence said:
Dude, fair play, I love your attitude (and the buses altitude)! ................. The front is smashed in - sod it! I'll slam it instead :lol:

QFT! 8)

Good luck with it all .... it looks damn hard right now!

Some more progress: yesterday I found some time to collect the donorparts for the repair. As to my surprise, the nose was complete with the floor still attachted to it. Lucky me.
As you can see, the new front is pretty solid and doesn't need a lot of work.
Now the real work can get started.

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01391.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

Nice one dood, keep us updated with the front removal 8)

Didn't do a lot today.

As I didn't want to upset the neighbours with making to much noise, I stripped the bumper while the son was asleep and the misses was out working (guess someone has to make shure some money comes in).

Next on is get some dents sorted and paint it.

DSC01395.jpg

DSC01396.jpg

that's a real shame as it's a very nice bus.....do you think if you'd had disc's it would have been ok? or the thing happen too quick for any evasive moves?

did you take any progress pics of the d spindles curious to what machining is needed.......I too am willing to give it ago, and Nate is on hols at the mo...I have access to machining equipment and a coded welder person..........

Hi Dubdubz,

I didn't have to time yet to do more on the bus. Had to finish another project which took more time then planned.

I will start the works in augustus.

Greetz

Wim

So yesterday I started on the repair of the damage.
But before I got started, I've fitted some more bling at the back.

DSC01512.jpg

With the windscreen removed, I found a lot of rust on the windowframe but that isn't much of a problem as a new front will be welded in.

DSC01509.jpg

DSC01510.jpg

DSC01511.jpg

Next on was the removal of the floor. I was really happy 'bout how things went and to find out the chassislegs are in great condition.

DSC01513.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01515.jpg

The last thing I did yesterday was brace everthing up to get the new front in at the correct position.

DSC01516.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

DSC01518.jpg

Now I can cut out the old front end.

mcvw said:
So... are you gonna fit a disc kit? If so which one?

I have a rotten T3 (or t25) standing on my driveway, I'm thinking of trying to fit these brakes onto my EB and redrill them to Porsche pattern.

Plans also included to fit the hydraulic clutch onto my Bus. Shouldn't be to difficult.

Greetz

Almost forgot.

A few weeks ago, I stripped the old paint of my frontbumper. I'll try to take out most of the dents and repaint it.

DSC01395.jpg

DSC01396.jpg

Thats good work there mate , glad to see you didnt uncover any more rust or damage on chassis 8)

Latest posts