Shocks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ground hugger

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know if there's a shock absorber out there that will compress to less than 245mm for a bay with a k&l beam ?
The ones I have fitted only go to 265mm I think, and bottom out quite often :( .
The shocks I've looked at are bug pack and kyb gr2s but they only compress to 245mm.
Think these will work (give me 20mm more downward travel) but I'd like to drop the front of the van another inch ,as you do :D
If not what would you go for bug pack or gr2s,the shocks I have are kyb gr2s but in the larger size .anyone had experience of both shocks and what's your views on them..cheers...Dave

I've got Bugpack red's, mine is uber low up front and I've never had a shock bottom out.

Try Worsbrough motor spares they used to have a cellar full of shocks or lose some weight fatty :shock:

sparkywig said:
I've got a k'n'l beam with KYB GR2s on the front of the bus, Transporterhaus spindles and I'm as low as you can get without tubbing.
Never had a problem with the shocks.

K@rlos said:
I've got Bugpack red's, mine is uber low up front and I've never had a shock bottom out.

Hi Si - Karl
Ive got tubs and its low, about the same as yours Karl 8) . The reason I tubbed it was with two people up front it rubbed the tyre's on every bump.
After Id tubbed it every thing was fine :D so I dropped it another tooth on the adjuster :D (just on one tube). no more rubbing but now the shock's bottom out.
I don't think the 20mm difference in shocks will cure it (unsure)as I would really like to drop it another tooth on the other adjuster .Just wondered if there was a smaller shock available that was up to the job.
Id even consider an air shock if it was going to work. ideally id like something that was tried and tested then I'm not just chucking money away.....Ill try and get a measurement between the shock bolts later today if this helps Cheers...Dave

67 BAY said:
lose some weight fatty :shock:

:lol: Ill try them steve thanks but id ideally like some thing that I knew was going to work

Measured the mounts today 290mm :shock: so I only had 25mm of travel no wonder it bottoms out on the shocks....waiting for confirmation on some I've seen ,there of a car that weighs 1385kg so could be ok :|

Latest posts