Should I go stock on this? - Wheels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I want something like this, available in the uk, with tyres. Not sure about the size, 14" or 15". Is stock on a 71 14"?

thumb_241a82a1dca2bf7d981ac61d3cbc1.jpg

how about something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mercedes-15-Spare-Steel-Wheel-1244000602-A1244000602-a_W0QQitemZ150349819325QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item23018c2dbd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you could fit VW hubcaps to them, would have to check the offsets first though.

Are these any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-TYPE-2-CAMPER-WHEELS-TYRES-BRAND-NEW-GENUINE-VW_W0QQitemZ320480414037QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item4a9e1f0955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Think these would look good with the blue to match your van colour
dubodyssey09003.jpg

And they look older with the white wall and domed cap

have a look on Mr Whitewalls thread, lots of ideas there ;)
Personally i like the white rim, hubcap and whitewall look on an early though you could try some whitewalls on those rims, may work well.

just a thought how about 16" merc sprinters look very like lateabay/t3 wheels. stick some low profile rubber on, gearing will be better and would look nice well for 5x112 anyhow.

ghop99 said:
Are these any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-TYPE-2-CAMPER-WHEELS-TYRES-BRAND-NEW-GENUINE-VW_W0QQitemZ320480414037QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item4a9e1f0955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a guy selling out of the Danbury factory.

I'm a big fan of stock 14's painted white, with a chrome hub cap and chrome beauty ring ;)

ground hugger said:
Think these would look good with the blue to match your van colour
dubodyssey09003.jpg

And they look older with the white wall and domed cap

They actually look good in the two tone/white wall/dome cap. Always thought the holes looked wierd but they look good.

I've stock rims with beauty rings and I love em..

Some don't but hey, it's the individuals choice...

Thinking about getting the tyres RED OR WHITE walled but unsure?

DSCN2720.jpg

I think this looked quite good on mine, wheels painted white not silver as they should have been with a whitewall:

494534.jpg

How about something like this?

DSCF4620small.jpg

15" 6J T4 steels.

Running 195/65 front and 205/65 rear all with the right load rating too. All you need to do it is use 10mm spacers and longer wheel studs. I have also since sorted out the speedo drive by adapting a T4 plic centre cap and a cut down normal hub cap and am in the process of fitting wide 5 type clips to hold the chrome caps.

The wheels are cheap too, I paid £20 for the set on ebay and I picked up another set recently on freecycle for nothing which I passed on to some one else.

Just another thought!

Thanks for all your comments folks. Definately going to go white stock steels if anyone has some narrow 5's to get rid of? I will put these up for sale when I get new ones.

Cheers

ghop99 said:
Thanks for all your comments folks. Definately going to go white stock steels if anyone has some narrow 5's to get rid of? I will put these up for sale when I get new ones.

Cheers

Here you go - paint them white, with whitewalls, and wide 5 hub caps - nice!

Cheers!

Alistair

Yeah stock steels, colour coded to match your roof with beauty rings and baby moons and a white wall will look really nice.

I have seen those wheels with the holes welded up before, but I seem to remember the holes are to aid the cooling of the front discs so not sure if this is a good idea!

aogrady said:
ghop99 said:

Cheers

Cheers!

Alistair

Hey mate

No link posted.......?

i', prettys sure i have 4 stock rims without rust, but with no tyres i'll have a look next time i'm at the farm.
here's mine, cream and rust, then orange, then matt brown, then white, then pink and currently with matt brown with matt cream outers and 4 new hub caps :lol:
008-48.jpg

010-46.jpg

020-28.jpg

054-8.jpg

010-45.jpg

029-18.jpg

ghop99 said:
aogrady said:
ghop99 said:

Cheers

Cheers!

Alistair

Hey mate

No link posted.......?

opps! here you go:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alistair

Latest posts