Show us your daily

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

dont be shy post a pic of your daily and dont worry if its not a dub. Has anyone got anything interesting or would recommend?

My daily was bought of this very site a little over 3 years ago. Cracking motor and runs like a dream.

Nice 3 Door MK5 Golf GTI

901d5623c9ed0bd0e72331a1421de53d.jpg

6b161f8a482d49309b07688908eff471.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cunning plan said:
Tofufi said:
dmj1liQ.jpg

Not a VW, but it has a VW engine in it though ;)

Neat! Details?

Nothing too exciting :msn4:

Just a Volvo 740 turbodiesel, uses the VW D24T engine which is a 2.4l straight-6 diesel. The same engine as the old shape (up to 1990ish) VW LT campers. Not especially fast, but sounds quite nice for a diesel.

It's averaging 45MPG for me (I only use it on long runs) :D

T4 2.5 TDi 5 cyl, egr delete,decat and remap. Its a bit rough, needs a bit of welding and some paint and the interior looked like wolves had been living in it chewing the steering wheel off in the process but goes like a train. Lots of similarities to my T2 in that that the wiring is a joke, the door handles are rubbish and it likes rust :D

Tofufi said:
cunning plan said:
Tofufi said:
dmj1liQ.jpg

Not a VW, but it has a VW engine in it though ;)

Neat! Details?

Just a Volvo 740 turbodiesel, uses the VW D24T engine which is a 2.4l straight-6 diesel. The same engine as the old shape (up to 1990ish) VW LT campers. Not especially fast, but sounds quite nice for a diesel.

That is interesting, is it a modification or was that engine offered in 740 from stock?

45MPG excellent! :mrgreen:

cunning plan said:
Tofufi said:
cunning plan said:
Neat! Details?

That is interesting, is it a modification or was that engine offered in 740 from stock?

45MPG excellent! :mrgreen:

It's a completely stock, factory offered engine :) No-one bought them as they're a rather crude diesel engine, mechanical injection with no electronics on the engine at all. And in 1987, a 2.0GL (poverty spec) Volvo 740 was £12,365, the diesel was slower, noisier and cost £14950 for the same spec level - which would have bought a top spec GLE petrol instead. I've added a load of sound-deadening to mine and it's really quite refined now :msn4:

cunning plan said:
slow-lane-Matt said:

Cool, I have a buddy that has a really ratty one and has a lot of fun it in. Lightweight, RWD Japanese = good fun.

While I have 3 cars which gets used frequently, this one probably does more journeys than the Volvo... but fewer miles in total!

4WvqsaW.jpg

Can't beat a scruffy MX5 for A road blasts...

Anyone want to guess the identity of my third daily? I use it quite often to go round urban areas... :)

eUhX6uI.jpg

I have had these all my life and they might not be the prettiest, but they are my daily. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I walk to and from work as its only a mile.

J

Latest posts