Show us your retro BMXs.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fortunate Son said:
Gonna try and scan some pics in of my PK Ripper - spent every penny I could lay my hands on over 3 years from 83 to 86 building it - spent a bloody fortune! - I can remember the F&F costing about £250 then! - Will never ever forgive myself for flogging it in 89 for £50 to get cash to go to college - what an idiot!!

FS

8)

:(..... rippers rock!

i miss my blue and yellow mag burner and my old aero pro, all i've got left now is my old dmc mongoose whooligan.... it needs a bit of a resto, should of done it this last year but never got round to it, still its not going anywhere.

13012008228.jpg

bear trap pedals! do you remember the massive ruined shins you used to get from em.....ouch!

Mushroom grips are THE grips, i would love a stearing wheel made of the mushroom stuff :wink:

easy said:
bear trap pedals! do you remember the massive ruined shins you used to get from em.....ouch!

Mushroom grips are THE grips, i would love a stearing wheel made of the mushroom stuff :wink:

Ohhh Yeaaahhhh!!! :lol:

Grifters are cool ..wish id never sold mine :? The white walls and basket make that look like a shopper bike :!: :wink:

Broke my arm not once, but twice on a bmx exactly like the one in vwvanmans pics. Parents sold it as a result and got me ...WAIT FOR IT...Grifter...he he

I trashed my mates' Grifter by crashing into the front of another schoolkid's racer (also wrecking that!) in about 1982/3. The Grifter owners' Dad was totally cool about it... the racer owners Dad wasn't and soon decended into a spiral of mental illness and breakdown - I still feel guilty :oops: :oops:

;)

soysauce3 said:
Grifters are cool ..wish id never sold mine :? The white walls and basket make that look like a shopper bike :!: :wink:

The white walls are from a raleigh shop so in fact are shopper tyres!

We saw a couple of grifters at vanfest and about 6 at Bugjam, they must be the show cruiser of choice :D

You can pick up a semi-decent one for about £30. Loads come up on ebay and on the raleigh grifter forum. Everyone goes crazy over choppers and burners but the Grifter will have it's time :twisted:

this is my '84 Diamondback Viper

Diamondback frame, forks, wheels and bars, comp3 tyres...elina seat.... Weinmann brakes...Wellgo pedles, Mushroom grips, KKT chain......custom Diamondback crankset

diamonback.jpg

CB

not quite classic BMX but to prove old BMX bikes don't die, they get turned into Gravity Bikes. Some piccies from yesterday at Cadwell Park where Hank acted as support to my 2 lads who entered their first event.

They both rode the same bike with a recorded top speed of 43.3mph :D

hank-lads-gb.jpg

Hank in supporting Role

lads-gb.jpg

Waiting around

pack1.jpg

The 'Pack' on one of the practice hills

Hope I'm not hi jacking too much :lol: :lol:

Latest posts