Skeg

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry bud, it’s too busy in September.6-8th Busfest to which Im Going, then 16-18th Skegness Vegas hopefully a weekend off, then 20-22nd is either Techenders or Weobly Castle, I’ll probably go to Techy. Never been though, who has ? Got a funny feeling Stu and Clare used to like this one.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,anybody been? :)

I’m doin it. I’m goin, AND I’ve got meself a ticket. Just had a sneaky Stella by way of celebration and a bit of a thirst quencher for good measure. I’m off to Corfe Castle for a big old family camp out this weekend then a weekend camping with another part of the family then Skeg Vegas then not much until Malvern.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,that’ll be one hell of a lot of Stella to be getting :eek:

We went in 2022 & 2023, & hope to go again this year but always as day visitors on the Saturday.
I love it, very few T5/T6, loads of good aircooled in all conditions & styles, but most of all some really lovely people to talk to and such a great atmosphere. The camping area is as good as the show for seeing great VWs. Feels more like the 1990’s aircooled shows I used to enjoy.
Last years show was the decider in buying our bus the following month.
We might have to do it in our boring Clio as our boxer dog goes everywhere with us but gets too hot in our bus on long journeys, and I need to sort out a portable A/C unit to overcome that. It’s about 200 miles each way for us.

Who’s going, is it any good, are there tickets still available, who can I camp with??
I'm going, will be my first time. However going in my Notchback, been asked to put it in the B289 line up. Would love to take the Bus, but can only drive one at a time. Hoping to borrow a tent to sleep in.

So let’s sort out times then. Can everyone do a late morning start ? And how we getting there? I’m thinking that we could get on the Old Fosse Way most of the way and definitely as far as Leicester then just veer right a bit and we’ll be there. The M5 and that route are like a car park on summery Fridays and the laterer the worserer for sure. Going M4 then up country around Oxford will be the exact same. On the Old Fosse Way, you got that one bit of hill and duel carriageway that gets swamped and Something on the Marsh and one other little place but mostly it’s fairly cool. But very happy to trundle along a different route as it’s all about the drive for me and a beer at the end for sure. :cool:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,ideas folks ??? :)

I be ready for 12 as I’m away that week and won’t be back to late afternoon Thursday so need to get stuff ready again for another journey.

Sounds like a plan. I have the day off so earlier the better to avoid Friday traffic and take a relaxing drive

M5 to Tewksbury, hang a right then again when you hit Newark-on-Trent and by my calculations should take us to the door

M5 be mullered on a Friday bud. My thinking is we gotta go past Lutterworth and that’s where some go twice a year for the Techenders et up at Eddies place Victoria farm. I’ve been every which way over the years and was put on to this old road by several guys from our neck of the woods that are charging about all over the country during the week as part of their working week. I’ve now used it several times and it’s a lot more relaxed than the M5 cauldron of roads. There are much fewer bottlenecks but hey ho . I just like driving my van so I’ll go any way and we can play convoy all the way up. How many of us going up on the Friday late morning then ? Are we hooking up with them Daggers? Is Dennis the diesel actually back by then and James too ? Watchya doin Andy?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,Hit It :)

I messaged Rich and he is leaving Friday morning with a few people including Arthur from mad workshop and evil Ben and Ant & Kath. They’re all camping together and we been invited as well in the same spot.

Latest posts