Slamfalia

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Marc,

I've seen your bus at "aircooled at the barn", it looks great.

This weekend my bus will be lowered at the back, but it will not be as low as your bus.

Greetings,
Robert 8)

Wel leuk al die Nederlanders hier. :wink:

that is an awesome looking bus, the interior looks so fresh and neat. is it nice and comfy ride at that hight?

Hey Marc, sweet bus. I also have a Westy and have just got some NSU wheels too!!

What size tyres are you running at the front?

Hi Marc,

beautiful westy! Love the stance, its perfect.

The dropped spindle's are these the 2" drop ones? Do you have a picture of them? And do you know the offset for your wheels? And how are they fitted its the 5 x 130 pattern isnt it?

Cheers
Gareth

Hi retrokid,

The tires are Potenza's 165/55 14

Greetz,
Marc

http://aircooled-folks.skynetblogs.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Gareth,

It's correct it's de 2" drop spindles.
The offset for my wheels are 0,4" ( 1 centimeter)
Yes, it is the 5 x 130.
I have no picture, but I can make one!

Greetz,
Marc

Marc said:
Hi Gareth,

It's correct it's de 2" drop spindles.
The offset for my wheels are 0,4" ( 1 centimeter)
Yes, it is the 5 x 130.
I have no picture, but I can make one!

Greetz,
Marc

Thanks for the reply Marc,

yeah a pic of them would be great, cheers!

Gareth

those detailed NSU`S are the dogs balaerics such a sweet wheel that really suits earlybays...loving the fact that earlybay.com is not just british, but has a worldwide following
Long live earlybay 8)

Those ones on The Samba look welded to me...
Looks like they use a slightly different method of modifying the original spindle.
They don't look as strong as the Wagens West ones tho... All the weight of the bus is on these remember.
Be a bonus not widening the track tho :D

retrokid said:
Those ones on The Samba look welded to me...
Looks like they use a slightly different method of modifying the original spindle.
They don't look as strong as the Wagens West ones tho... All the weight of the bus is on these remember.
Be a bonus not widening the track tho :D

Your correct, they are welded, in fact he has pictures that show the extended piece added and the bare welds prior to painting. I have to say the quality of the welds looks very good. I'm sure thats the type fitted to the Samfalia in this thread but i'm sure Marc can confirm when he's online again.

I agree when you look at the wagen west ones these don't look as strong, because of the massive plate welded to theirs, but i will consider these for sure. Probably get some more feed back from people using them would be a good idea.

Gareth

They seem similar (flipped balljoints) to the ones which slammedpanel were doing a while back.

correct me is i am wrong but isnt that just a standard spindle with the ball joints upside down, probably all that has been done is that the spindle as had a taper cut in to it from the bottom.

any other sugestions?

They look awesome! I'd forgotten about this method, never seen any till now though.

Marc did you have to fit new different ball joints to do this? Or just intall them the other way round?

Am I missing it but I cant see an email on Kieft & Klok's site?

Cheers
Gareth

Looking at the pictures above..They look like standard spindles flipped over and the arms have been swapped over. :shock: Surely the weight of the bus is pulling on the balljoints

Think its something like this
flippedspindles.jpg

But saying that ,the steering arm would be at the top

Latest posts