slammed graffiti '69 IN PROGRESS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chillin on the beach......
2011-11-08_113912.jpg

If I remember correctly, it was about 60" unloaded, and about 57" with passengers/camping stuff. I need to tub the front so I can go lower and stop polishing my inner fender wells!

Whoring out some pics, had a busy show weekend!
busbulli.jpg

swaggin.jpg

rareandunique.jpg

and our group at bug jam(from vanagon to single cab), awesome shade spot!
2011-11-13_095354.jpg

2011-11-13_095422.jpg

2011-11-13_095459.jpg

at a small local meet that we organized...
2011-11-29_225004.jpg

and i just picked this up too, so now I have something I can go over a speed bump in!
2011-11-25_140800.jpg

lol dont let the looks decieve you. Im right on the main highway in my area thats just the back of the shop and there's an RV park behind us that luckily still has some trees up. Its a very urban area...... But thanks for liking the bus!

Here's a couple pics a fellow vw enthusiast took of the bus at a show on sunday...
busquaker.jpg

busquaker2.jpg

Turnout was great and we had a 20 car convoy on the way there which was sweet! Pissed off all kinds of traffic lol...

so the latest plan is established! Im going to tub the front, which will hopefully come soon. Then, the more complicated part sets in. Im going to swap the bug tranny out of the rail into the bus and put the bus trans into the rail buggy. Its a win win! By putting the bug trans in the bus, I'll get a 2" trans raise, and better gearing for highway cruising(needed with 185/60/14's). Im also going to run bug style trans mounts so as to eliminate the mustache bar. So with the mustache bar gone and a 2" trans raise, I'll be able to go way lower out back without putting the vitals dangerously close(er) to the ground lol. Im both excited and dreading the work ahead of me, and Im sure my friend Dave who will be helping with all fab work is too!!!

was changing the oil on the bus and apparently I've been draggin my trans and eng. case around town lol. time for eng/trans raise, tubs and mo' lo'

2012-03-15_114154.jpg

Latest posts