sliding door help!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletch71bay

Reaction score
hi after re fitting the sliding door onto my van, i'm having trouble closing it. i definately need to adjust the mounting brackets, but i'm unsure if the handle mechanisim is working properly? the handle when pushing it down doesn't seem to be moving the latch? also the handle will not push up? i seem to recall it did before removing it!
any help greatly appreciated!!

Fletch71bay said:
hi after re fitting the sliding door onto my van, i'm having trouble closing it. i definately need to adjust the mounting brackets, but i'm unsure if the handle mechanisim is working properly? the handle when pushing it down doesn't seem to be moving the latch? also the handle will not push up? i seem to recall it did before removing it!
any help greatly appreciated!!

You can bench test the entire latch mechanism - once it is off, it is useful to see how all the moving parts interact, and may also be a good time to clean and grease it as mine was badly gummed up and not moving fully. Should be a good starting point to confirm this.

Latest posts