Sliding doors not sitting flush

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chugsy

Reaction score
Hey People,

I'm viewing a bus this weekend but on close inspection of the pics i've been sent the sliding door wont sit flush at the bottom and the chap has since told me that the front two doors are new ones and sit out about 8mm too. Is there an easy fix? Approx costs?

Thanks Guys,

It may be just a case of poor fitment, but assuming its a repaired van requiring all new doors then its safe to assume that front wheelarches may have been replaced and possibly sills ... if these havent been done right then the doors will not sit correctly.
Best case scenario it may be that hinge adjustments are out or even poor rubbers have been fitted?
Best advice is to check very carefully!

Chugsy said:
Hey People,

I'm viewing a bus this weekend but on close inspection of the pics i've been sent the sliding door wont sit flush at the bottom and the chap has since told me that the front two doors are new ones and sit out about 8mm too. Is there an easy fix? Approx costs?

Thanks Guys,

If the Slider doesn't sit flush at the bottom, its likely to have had a repair section fitted along the bottom edge and its not been done very well especially if the rest of the door fits the hole OK.

With the Front doors it could also be new door rubbers, if they have fitted some cheap hard ones from JK then its nearly impossible to shut the door properly, leaving it sticking out slightly, door rubbers should be like a soft sponge material not a hard black rubber,

Hope that helps

I agree the front rubbers on the cab doors will make the doors sit proud for a bit until they settle as mine did. After a short while the doors now sit flush to the body. Sliding door may just need a little adjustment, but you do see alot of vans with sliding doors sticking slightly proud at the back corner. If the door sits good at the top and else where then could have been a bad repair to the bottom of the door.

Hope this helps

Simon

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll have a damn good look and questioning when I view It tomorrow ;)

Latest posts