Smokey new engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkey

Reaction score
Hi guys,
My new engine which has done only 600 miles has smoked almost since day one. We've just taken the exhaust off and there's loads of oil in it , so we whipped the engine out and took the heads and barrels off. But everything looks fine as the heads barrels and pistons were new !
We are now very puzzled ! Anybody out there got any ideas as to why it's pumping oil into the exhaust ?

Any more specific I.e. Is it from one cylinder only?

I'd have thought most likely would be a piston ring that has cracked or been damaged when installed if there's nothing obviously wrong with any pistons. This would show as oil down one exhaust pipe only though unless really unlucky and there was more than one affected!

Other option could be oil breathing issues, but I wouldn't have thought you'd get masses of oil in the exhaust.

Thanks for the reply ! Although everything was new your probably right about the rings or piston as it was coming from either no. 1 or 2 cylinder. Meeting my engine builder tomorrow to discuss options. Cheers

Latest posts