Sneak Preview 69

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

faux

Reaction score
I will soon be back in the bay club :D ....splits are not family friendly enough for me now and I miss my old 72 Devon. So I have put a deposit on a 69 bay due in 4 weeks. Here is a sneak preview to wet the appetite for what is to be my keeper. Cheers Daz and Lee, I will be calling on advice soon.

7.jpg

I will add more pics when it arrives:

It will be having a little lowering and narrowing magic though, I can't do stock!

why thank you good to see those hours in the gym are working..... :D

Oh i see you mean the van..must agree.. nice arse, but wheres the top bollox?

Araon said:
why thank you good to see those hours in the gym are working..... :D

Oh i see you mean the van..must agree.. nice arse, but wheres the top bollox?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mate looking sweet as.I love it not as much as i love darrens van but when you done your thing on it im sure it will be in joint first.keep us posted

Cheers Lee/Daz, Dave, everyone

It is now due on 14 August, I have big plans for her which include a little lowering on link pins and little narrowing (nothing too silly only 2").

I'm also after another Westy to use as my family camper while I do the other one, lets just see how that works out.

No more pics until she arrives. :lol:

Now Due on the 24 August....gutted! :(

I have already been busy and built up my 2" Narrowed beam, link pins etc
Cheers Paul (T2D)
DSC00686.jpg
:)

And I have my new wheels thanks to Tim at Road House Retro....top bloke.
DSC00684.jpg
8)

I hope it comes or I will have a lot of expensive parts and no bus :D

Nice wheels :lol: . Link pin on a bay? :?: I thought all bays were ball joints or is that bus going to kiss the ground? 8) 8) 8)

In order to go low safely and comfortably link pin seemed the only way to go. I have lowered on a ball joint beam and it was not comfortable when really low. Drop spindles are alot more accesible for link pins. Having spoken to Tim at Roadhouse Retro and Paul at T2D this is the best route. I have put my trust in the people who have already done it. Here's two bays Tim has dropped:

Tims Westy:
028.jpg

Steve's (Westy interior), met him at Deva....nice bus!:
DSC02498small.jpg

If my bus looks half this good I'll be happy, but I want it to be a comfortable and practical family camper too. I don't want too much.

Looks like it'll be a star 8)

:D It's here at last.....Cheers Simon.....a man of your word... :D

There are loads of jobs to do but this one is a keeper so I will be doing it right. No reverse gear at the moment, a small hole in the floor and the pop top hinges are broken, but I love it.

1.jpg

20.jpg

46.jpg

I will be having a good go at cleaning etc tomorrow and will take some pictures of it at home. It will need to go a whole heap lower before it will get in the garage.

Can't stop smiling :D

Status
Not open for further replies.