Spare on front or not

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
late bay Devon Moonrakers had a wheel brackety thing ;)
there are a lot of haters but it's your bus so do as you see fit......i did ;)

i know mine's a late so you don't care :lol: but i've just bought a rear swing away carrier, mine being alate westy berlin had the spare in a cupboard behind the drivers seat but i fitted my propex in there so i've been carrying it on the floor ( the wheel well is a wardrobe in a berlin) there is evidence of a front bracket once fitted but the holes are blanked off and i don't fancy that.... a devon has a drop down rear wheel carrier but the swing away was fitted to the rare landmark edition and nowardays to the new brazillian danbury, other than having to drill the body i think this is my best option.

Yeah, don't do it, looks shit.

993589_140438656157070_975821856_n.jpg

Completely personal preference, My van had a tyre and cover on.....i didnt like it but thought i pop an alloy on and now i quite like it, makes a change to all the badges.
You'll always like something different to your own bus anyway.... :roll: :lol:

It's tasteless to have a tire on the front panel, the one exception being that you own a late bay, in that case, to paraphrase Mr Ramsey; "You can dress a pig in a tuxedo, but it nevertheless remains a pig". :lol:

You get the idea.

LV

It's maybe worth mentioning that "back in the day" spare wheels were put on the front for practical reasons and not aesthetic ones.

When these vehicles were current they were just a commercial vehicle and nobody thought them worth any aesthetic consideration.

I've had my bus a long time and, like others at the time, stuck the spare on the front to gain space and for no other reason. It's still there forty years later for exactly the same reason - lol.

Hello mate,

I've had my 72 cross since 2009 and have wanted to remove the nose since day1, finally got round to removing it last month and so glad I did, still needs some work to get it smooth and finished but very happy with it:

Before:

After:

As other people have said its all about personal choice which is why every van is different and that's why we love them.

Sure you will make the right choice.

Simmo

Latest posts