Spare Wheel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoony73

Reaction score
Hello

Advice needed please, last weekend I removed the front wheel and cover from the front of my Bus as have brought a VW badge to replace it.

What I have found though is the wheel that was on the van is far bigger than the wheels that are currently on the van.

I was wondering whether everyone else carries a spare wheel if so I think I need a spare one, the alloys on mine are 14" I believe so anyone suggest where I can get a spare or it is that people tend not to carry one and use the foam that I hear good and bad reports about.

Thanks for the advice.

Simon

Tyre weld stuff is ok if it's only a small puncture in the tread pattern. So if it works it saves you having to change the wheel at the side of the motorway at night perhaps :shock:

However, if it doesn't work it means calling out breakdown who may charge if you, if you decide not to carry a spare. :)

Then again I've been driving for years and not had a puncture for ages. (not counting slow ones)

good discussion on this thread;

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58721&hilit=spare+wheel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've got a spare in my bus, it's a different rolling diameter to what's on the front and rear but will get me home, if I ever need it.
My daily is an Audi A3 and it comes with a space saver which apparently is good for about 150 miles but no more than 50 mph, I drive all over Europe for work so if I got a puncture, for instance next week while I'm in Holland and Belgium, I'm banjaxed.
The cans of sealant are fine to get you home but only seal the tread and are temporary, I also believe once you use them, the tyre can't be repaired.
There's a place for keeping a spare in a bus, I figure it's best to use it, better to have the option of using it than not....

Thanks SiDev agree completely.

I have a none walk though bay so looks like there is room for me to place it under the front seat.

Latest posts