Spare wheels and different size tyres etc

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olance

Reaction score
Hi. Am going for some nice new wheels for my van. Am confused about the spare wheel issue if there are different size tyres on front and back. How does everyone else deal with it.

Ta!

olance said:
Hi. Am going for some nice new wheels for my van. Am confused about the spare wheel issue if there are different size tyres on front and back. How does everyone else deal with it.

Ta!

Arguably better to match your rear tyre than your front, as a wheel swap won't put strain on the diff. Otherwise, do away with your spare and just carry a can of tyre slime!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moseley said:
olance said:

Ta!

Arguably better to match your rear tyre than your front, as a wheel swap won't put strain on the diff. Otherwise, do away with your spare and just carry a can of tyre slime!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trouble is with this is on lowered vans the rear wheel often wont fit. I have a 'compromise' tyre as spare, it was one that rubbed a bit on the front so was no good but would do in an emergancy. I treat it like a 'space saver' option.

Can of tyreweld and AA card with 'relay' for blowouts

Unless your abroad or the middle of Scotland your never more than 20mile from a tyre fitter and AA relay can get you there :)

Every modern car is the same now

Ha. One problem is I’m off to France for a few weeks. Have European road cover so should be ok. Thanks for the advice

Latest posts