Speedo adjustment / recalibration

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hampole

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm running dropped spindles. In order to prevent wheel arch rubbing I'm running 15" wheels with 175/55 tyres. As these are smaller than standard the speedo now is incorrect. I thought this would just be a bit off, but as I way driving today at an indicated 60 mph, I looked at my sat nav which said 50 mph. I thought it can't be that far off so I also turned on my phone sat nav. This agreed with my other SAT nav and stated 50 mph.

Therefore I'd like to know if there is any easy way of adjusting the speedo so it reads correctly (adjustment screws, changing internal cogs etc..)

Thanks

its ok, when my sat nav says 70 in the daily the speedo is around 77. not modded in any way.
at least youve had to modify something to get a reading that far out. :lol:

Hampole said:
Hi,

I'm running dropped spindles. In order to prevent wheel arch rubbing I'm running 15" wheels with 175/55 tyres. As these are smaller than standard the speedo now is incorrect. I thought this would just be a bit off, but as I way driving today at an indicated 60 mph, I looked at my sat nav which said 50 mph. I thought it can't be that far off so I also turned on my phone sat nav. This agreed with my other SAT nav and stated 50 mph.

Therefore I'd like to know if there is any easy way of adjusting the speedo so it reads correctly (adjustment screws, changing internal cogs etc..)

Thanks

No.
Just sit back and relax and think of all the fuel you're saving...... ;)

Latest posts