Splify 67 built uk panel resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you have been productive - looking forward to the pics :)

Yes so am I !!! net is still stupid slow , rang and cant get through so will be having words. Roof varnished 3 coats of matt clear, looked ok and liking patination on rear section from mould/damp last winter. Sandpapered it first but still had "leopard" spots , front roof wood is almost white and rear dark brown and I like the fact cab is light. Painted door cards, need another coat.Drivers seat and seat belts tomorrow then its check bolts under side, wax oil then time to park up till next year

My internet is still sooooooooo slooooooowwwwwwww that photos wont upload , not managed to get through to my provider yet .Have a lot to load as well.

ran out of bits to fit (just imaging pic of empty parts tray) door cards done , drivers seat fitted, seat belts in, small bit of mopping done . Ok still some interior work to do , fettling and tidy . Tomorrow will go under with the spanners and check stuff then rust proof, tried clutch and gears and seem okay so hopefully on Monday will move out of unit on onto drive till next year.

managed to load some pics from a few weeks ago
VnkKgJ3.jpg
izuIWQZ.jpg
oLtFLFy.jpg

Cheers, not so good in the flesh but it was never a show bus. Guesstimated tracking , did a quick spanner check then used up 3/4 can of rust proof. Did a runner then due to fumes !!! Still trying to get it off my arms!! what a dirty job.

This is the work so far , carbuncle on front bumper, having my lunch on hide away t
Ma1BCje.jpg
able and loving the roof!!
BTna87v.jpg
LvdP9af.jpg
dszwp5p.jpg

SmlvnRa.jpg
KN4iW2V.jpg

We she made it to mums drive!! Brake servo works fine but she had a miss , will get a good service when I get to finish her in 6 to 8 months time.

Hope to get back now weather is "improving", trouble is funds are very short and have been building my Austin Countryman . Got an "honorary" discharge from work as unable to do my job due to knackered wrist from incident at work so have been on sick pay U/C payments for the last 9 months. Have to take things careful due to wrist but work at my own pace and stop if its too much, 4 weeks and I retire anyway.
So shopping list for the bus is 2 rear tyres (205 s ?) , new push rod tube seals so will go for adjustable, mod clutch pedal/arm to clear steering (dont ask) and sort tracking. Need interior to finish, R&R bed foam and covers ,tap for sink , cooker stand and splash back for work top and front seats need covers (Golf GTI) and the 1000 and 1 jobs that will turn up------ Then there's the cost off insurance.

Well still waiting for my pension fund to come through, says 10 days on the paperwork and its been 6 weeks!! Did bend there ears. So sorted out some green leather that I have had for ages, think there is enough to do front seats so when my ££s come in its time to get a used upholstery sewing machine. Not that I have done any before but the Golf GTI seats look simple to do, need the practice to do the Astra GTE seats for my hot rod!!!

The fund has come through, tried ordering from Heritage VW but every time I got to checkout it asked for discount code and didnt let me pay . Did the online chat and they didnt know why, will try again later. Stripped the Golf seat yesterday , some of the wire support built into the covers has rusted through or become very thin and the amount of dust!!!! Should have a leather/upholstery sewing machine by Thurs , ordered rotary cutter, shears and need thread, piping and bulldog clips. A large bit of clean board as well to make a cutting table . Also need to mod the seat frame for passenger side as it too high and fixings are poor .

Chopped all the tilt and height from the seat frame, it now sits 3ins lower. Ordered the R&R foam, some calico to make lining cover and self adhesive tiles for splash back. Tap fitted to sink, just need to fit it in but cocked up the hole so tabs dont reach edges. Got it sussed.

Sink fitted , had to make 2 plates to go across rear corners of hole in worktop but it fits very tight . Tap and wiring sorted, next is some new rear tyres and then I will be able to move it about .

Good days work today, 2 new rear tyres fitted, new r/h rear brake drum, leaking pushrod sorted . Released the clutch cable so tomorrow I can remove the pedal and shorten the lever by 1/2 in to clear my steering rack conversion (dont ask) but it has always rubbed the furthest point of the hole in the floor when pushed mostly down and thats OG .

Latest posts