Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a funny feeling you were going to say that! hope your happy with the work when its done ;)
cheers shaun
by the way your bus is looking good still haven`t had a proper look at it yet though :( perhaps after your hols

Valentine Won said:
I had a funny feeling you were going to say that! hope your happy with the work when its done ;)
cheers shaun
by the way your bus is looking good still haven`t had a proper look at it yet though :( perhaps after your hols

Ill let u know mate, n catch up when I get back

Just

Quite a bit of rot so im told around the window, but all cut out and painted, not got any pics as im too busy at work, but picking it up tomorrow night.....
L87 paint was rubbish match, but its been tinted to blend in, if im happy then ill get my rust free doors, engine lid, and rear hatch fitted in october and painted to match. The shell is fine but the rest is showing a bit of rust, far cheaper than a full respray, besides i do like the dings and faded paint 8)

Just

sparkywig said:
I'll have the off-side cab door off you if you're replacing it. :D ;)

Yes mate, ill keep u posted.

Pretty impressed with the job done at The Old Dub Shop, a work of art blending of the paint........im please with the delux rubbers too from Heritage.

002-2.jpg

001-2.jpg

003-4.jpg

Really cant tell they have done it, well please :D

Off to Cornwall tomorrow, starting at Polzeath and working around the coat to Penzance, The Lizard, Falmouth, Truro, St Austell then home......

Just

Glad your pleased with the job they done mate, have a good holiday and i should see you at vanfest tkts for the early bay area
cheers shaun

Back now, felt like i havnt been away :? Had a great time touring Cornwall.

Drank some cyder (forgot a glass so thought ouside the box :lol: )

047-1.jpg

Hell i even cooked!

072.jpg

No awning needed for us, 5 up in the bus for 14 nights 8)

042-1.jpg

room with a view?, not a bad old life!

064.jpg

Had an issue with some electrickery problem, lost all power and cut the engine on a couple of occasions but didnt spoil the trip, thinking it could be the ignition switch so will try that as a matter of course. Roll on next year

Just

Nice to see it being used for the camping thing dude , 8)

Bus is looking uber cool buddy :D

Thanks Guys 8)

Really did enjoy it! I know there are more comfortable holidays for 5 than in a tiny 41 y/o camper, but man it was good!

As for cooking in the rain, isnt that what pubs are for :lol:

Just

Having a bit of a different direction for next year, starting by taking out the cooler unit and into starage it goes.... It faught back big time a right PITA to be honest, ended up having to cut the waste pipe & breather :x

031-1.jpg

032.jpg

033-2.jpg

034-2.jpg

The floor looks ok..........................amy tips on covering the hole from beneath? I may yet weld it.......

035-2.jpg

Cut pipes :cry:

036-1.jpg

Bit of a clean up

039-1.jpg

Loads more space

041-1.jpg

This is all coming out over the winter.................watch this space.......

Just

creationblue said:
041-1.jpg

This is all coming out over the winter.................watch this space.......

Just

Hi,

I had my sink unit out for a while, but have bought a gas hob and grill so modding my old sink unit. I will cut a suitable size metal piece out and seal and screw to the belly pan, will stop water getting in, a piece of plastic, like a ice crème tub would do the inside, sealed in.

I have a brand new large electric cooler that will fit just nice in that space, brand new, never used still under warranty. bought it when i took the sink unit out, now putting it back in again :msn4: :roll:

Look forward to seeing what plans you have.

Cheers,

Alistair

My sink/cooler unit lived in the cellar for the last 9 of the 10 years we had our Continental. Westfalia designed some great quality interiors, but I sometimes wonder if the designer forgot that people had to fit in it as well...

Thanks guys, yes the space has always been an issue with 3 children who are getting bigger......so out the unit comes, followed by the rest of it after Oktoberfest next week.......

Alistair, Good idea about covering the hole in the belly pan, i have some galvanised boxes at work that i can cut up and use, perfecto!

The Westy roof & the tin roof will both be painted soon, mainly as the gutters need some attention before they rust through and become a major job. Doing the ceiling panels in the bus too and the side window seals.......then for the interior.

Just

Got the hole covered with a lid from a galvanised adaptable box screwed into place with some sealant sanwiched inbetween.......bit of black underseal and good to go 8)

Picture-1.jpg

Just

Having a few changes over the winter. So today was sunny and dry and so out came the interior.........It was filthy underneath :shock: cant believe we slept in here for 4 years :lol:

028-1.jpg

Started by disconnecting the Zig and all the 12V stuff and the propex :roll: All will be goung back in tho

024.jpg

031-2.jpg

036-2.jpg

Found a few things from the owner in the '80s including a cheque book, looks like the bus spen some time on the Mexico borders in SoCal, and a few rats must have had a nibble on the papers......found two $100 coins, never knew they existed! and a coin burried in the dirt dated 1970.

027-1.jpg

025.jpg

Progreso ID card

026-1.jpg

Looks huge inside

034-3.jpg

Time to find out how much rust on the floor :msn4:

035-3.jpg

Time for a clean up!

037-1.jpg

There was a bit of surface but overall cant complain 8)

Got the Krust out then some Hammerite and patched in the rusty bits

039-2.jpg

Thought it looked gash so painted it all :lol: ...................but it looks worse

040-1.jpg

At least it will be covered and last a few more years..........

So much more space and light without the wardrobe unit

032-1.jpg

Whilst all is out gonna fit new side window rubbers....................roof panels out next

He looked rather sorry for his self so a bit of bling to cheer him up 8)

038-1.jpg

JUst