Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Mine was was about the same, just amazing the amount of stuff underb=neath,##I have yet to paint my floor, hopeing to get something done tomorrow.

Coming along nicely

Looking forward to seeing the rest, at l this rate you will be finished before me.

Cheers!

Alistair

aogrady said:
Hi,

Mine was was about the same, just amazing the amount of stuff underb=neath,##I have yet to paint my floor, hopeing to get something done tomorrow.

Coming along nicely

Looking forward to seeing the rest, at l this rate you will be finished before me.

Cheers!

Alistair

I need the space TBH, Im storing the OG interior as I cant bring myself to sell it, and its replacement is all over the house :lol: and if I dont do it when im motivated it will still be like this next spring..............roof panels tomorow as long as the floor is dry....

Just

Great work CB.

With no interior they are very roomy, just not practical for the family (unless you change the kids for some boxes...)

Like the bling 8) your doing exactly what i want to try to do to the inside just but to many jobs around the house that the wife i think goes looking for :roll:
looking good mate
cheers shaun ;)

Looks like you have been busy Just , Good work , Keep motivated and get it sorted , ! 8)

Right, been thinking about a change of interior for sometime, my interior is complete and in great condition but the layout dont suit us, so the hunt was on for a late Berlin interior...............Ive never seen one in a EB so was up for the challange!

Scored a complete (apart from the table) interior and drove over to Reading to pick it up, even came complete with a bag of nuts & bolts that I was assured was everything i needed....... :lol: heard that before!

The Berlin came in two forms, standard & delux, mine was a standard so missing the electric fridge, a hob/sink and a buddy seat between the cab seats...............After a few phone calls I tracked down the table & leg, now these are rarer than a rare thing in rareville and I paid for the privalege :shock: But in fairness its in perfect condition. I also found an electric fridge unit, thinking after going to all this trouble it would be nice to have one, it wasnt working and not complete, but I ended up making a good one out of the two and fixed the cooling system in the process, result 8) and the spare unit it going to donate its Formica to repair the bits that have broke.

Still unsure it if would be more of a headache than it was worth fitting it due to having to cut a new hole in the floor for the sink waste and fixing the RNR ect as it was unlikely the OG fixings would line up........

Anyway a few hours today and here is the result, somewhere for the spare 8)

002-4.jpg

Nicely hidden

003-5.jpg

Headliner off ready for a new one

004-2.jpg

Frigde/storage unit

005-3.jpg

Table

006-2.jpg

Worth another pic :lol:

008-3.jpg

007-2.jpg

010-4.jpg

Its in solid but needs to come out again to plumb the gas and rewire the electrics, but it was all pretty straightforward bar a couple of things.

The Headbanger overhead locker is gonna be a bitch as the Late Bay wasnt double skinned, I modded the sink unit as i couldnt bring myself to drill the waste hole :lol: so cut the pipe and Im gonna bring in into a removable 'grey' waste tank. The RNR fixes ontop of the petro tank area which is double skinned, not sure if self tappers will be man enough so are there threaded inserts available that can be fitted? Oh and the EB Has its fuel filler futher back so the rear bed cushion will have to be modded to clear it.

All in all not a bad day, this was gonna be my winter project, at this rate i can sit back and relax :msn4:

Just

Just

Seb from France who camped near you at Vanfest has done exactly this, for practicality.

I'll just not have any more kids :lol:

Good work though, you don't stop do you? :)

Clem said:
Just

Seb from France who camped near you at Vanfest has done exactly this, for practicality.

I'll just not have any more kids :lol:

Good work though, you don't stop do you? :)

Thanks Mike, for sure 5 in a bus is a challenge :lol:

As for stopping not a chance.....where are those jalousie window seal kits....

Just

Nice work justin. Does look like a better layout. Does anything go where the old sink/fridge unit was?

leon said:
Nice work justin. Does look like a better layout. Does anything go where the old sink/fridge unit was?

Hi m8, the area where the sink was is now free, tho I may in future put a folding seat against the bulkhead. But as it's free space it makes the van feel much bigger coupled with the extra window gained where the wardrobe was. I can now redesign my internal electrics making it more user friendly too

Just

hey,howz it going?
the plug you sent works atreat,managed to get away for the first time in the van over the heatwave in october,van was just back from resto and having to refit original interior,curtains,floor,mats you know the drill.
i see on one of your pics you have a steering wheel cover?lace up one?where did you get it?
have been looking at shows/fleabay and had no luck.

sharky.

sharky71 said:
hey,howz it going?
the plug you sent works atreat,managed to get away for the first time in the van over the heatwave in october,van was just back from resto and having to refit original interior,curtains,floor,mats you know the drill.
i see on one of your pics you have a steering wheel cover?lace up one?where did you get it?
have been looking at shows/fleabay and had no luck.

sharky.

Cool, u picked a cracking weekend to get ur 1st trip out!! Glad ur pleased with the plug & more importantly ur bus now it's done.... As for the steering wheel it came over from the States like that so can't help u I'm afraid, it is comfy tho and worth tracking down.

Just

Roof and side panel cut and just varnished ready for fit tomorrow, may not fit top locker so trying to craft the rear roof section to go right to the tailgate a la early early Westy, any pics of what it looks like or some tips welcome......

Once side panel in I can bolt the furniture in and wire the old fella up.

Just

Latest posts