Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats excellent!!!! 8)

i still have mine sitting on the garage floor. I wondered about the installation as i haven't looked into it yet, but its basically put on each side, then the crossmembers, then the steering from what i can gather from your images. Looks straightforward.

Johnny said:
thats excellent!!!! 8)

i still have mine sitting on the garage floor. I wondered about the installation as i haven't looked into it yet, but its basically put on each side, then the crossmembers, then the steering from what i can gather from your images. Looks straightforward.

The hardest part will be getting the steering idler arm off, but dont piss about with it just cut it off with a grinder :D also you may/maynot have to move the brake line bracket.

Just

pretty much that, but you have to weld the servo bracket on as well if you have a servo...so some careful measuring/ trial fitting is required. Thankfully got mine right first time, so can't be too hard!!
Also...my narrow 5 14" steels fit fine with no issues, so must just be the wide 5's that catch?

Bundy said:

pretty much that, but you have to weld the servo bracket on as well if you have a servo...so some careful measuring/ trial fitting is required. Thankfully got mine right first time, so can't be too hard!!
Also...my narrow 5 14" steels fit fine with no issues, so must just be the wide 5's that catch?

Yea just wide 5 14s that catch as there is a lip that hits the calliper, that said, the calipers come out of many differing casts, some are worse than others, some dont catch at all......

I dont have a servo so didnt have that prob, you must stop on a sixpence now then!!!!????

Just

I was blessed with a servo before ;)
However...I think it may be a bit suspect! lol
But it does stop ok despite that.
Do love the steering now....and the fact I've just dropped a 2 litre subaru engine it the back :msn4:

Bundy said:
I was blessed with a servo before ;)
However...I think it may be a bit suspect! lol
But it does stop ok despite that.
Do love the steering now....and the fact I've just dropped a 2 litre subaru engine it the back :msn4:

PICS MR.! Simon has his doner on his drive ready for transplant 8)

lol, I know...I will get round to uploading them all soon and showing all :oops:
I was hoping he's get his done before me so he could solve any issues first, but he's too sodding busy!!

that kit does look quality. Got any pics of what goes where the steering box used to?? trying to see how the steering is connected to the wrack

bluenose said:
that kit does look quality. Got any pics of what goes where the steering box used to?? trying to see how the steering is connected to the wrack

Hi mate, it uses a bevel box from a T25, this sits at the bottom of the steering column then via a link rod turns the rack, havnt got a pic but will take one when I get chance.

Went 4 a drive thru Bristol last nite, over some cobbled streets to get a good feel for it all, I have to say that now the engine is so much more usable as I don't have to dodge the dips and holes in the road, found myself racing corsas and the like at the traffic light grand prix :msn4: thought i had grown out of that :lol:

Just

Very nice just i dread to think how much money you have spent this year what with the engine as well your house must be pretty quiet with all the kids gone and the wife :lol:
have to come up and see mate :lol: ;)

Valentine Won said:
Very nice just i dread to think how much money you have spent this year what with the engine as well your house must be pretty quiet with all the kids gone and the wife :lol:
have to come up and see mate :lol: ;)

:lol: I could be living in it soon :!:

Just

Had a good day on the beach Sunday

010-1.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Just

just thinking would you have to notify insurance of such a mod and if so would they need some sort of conformity certification

lhu128l said:
just thinking would you have to notify insurance of such a mod and if so would they need some sort of conformity certification

Ill let you know mate 8)

Just

Thanks fella's :D

Off to Camper Jam this weekend, looking forward to the trip up, and camping in EB, should be a good 'un

Just

1200miles or so completed on new engine, so tomorrow back to interpro for a service, fitting a CB Preformance upright oil breather connected to the rocker covers for a bit extra pressure relief, then a session on the rollers after rejetting the IDFs to get the flat spot ironed out. Looking forward to see what she makes, my guess is around 90bhp...........

Just

Latest posts