Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got home before 5, so an hour of light and managed to render the trailer worthless :lol:

002-18.jpg

The steel angle frame could do with being blasted, but i dont have time for that so will get the grinder on it tomorrow then some Hammerite Cream..........picking the wood up tomorrow and some stainless coach bolts....

Few pics of the bus today, roof in primer, holes welded up where rear Westy roofrack bolts on due to rust

001-16.jpg

002-19.jpg

003-18.jpg

004-15.jpg

Doors in paint 8)

005-13.jpg

006-12.jpg

Need to pull my finger out so got home and did some more grinding on the trailer, and started painting the steel work........more tomorrow :mrgreen:

Just

Lookin good. You like having your work cut out don't ya :lol:

r73 said:

I know :lol: put the paint on last night and looks like im gonna have to sand it back and paint again to get a decent finish, bugger!

creationblue said:
r73 said:

I know :lol: put the paint on last night and looks like im gonna have to sand it back and paint again to get a decent finish, bugger!

To be honest mate most peeps are gonna be gawping at your bus :D

r73 said:
creationblue said:
r73 said:

To be honest mate most peeps are gonna be gawping at your bus :D

There in lies the problem, it has to be a good finish :lol:

Bus ready for collection and they need the space so picking it up tomorrow, to be honest I was hoping they would need it for a few more days..........been painting the wood panels for the trailer since 5pm and the steel work..........garage looks like this :lol:

001-17.jpg

Bus wont be going in tomorrow night :roll:

I gotta get this finished this weekend :msn4:

Just

That is a job I've been putting off for ages. I'm kinda glad looking at your garage though. Lol
Can't wait to see the finished product.

10 hours worth yesterday :lol:

004-16.jpg

005-14.jpg

I dont want to see another bloody rivet!!!!!!!!!! As you can see it was dark when i finished and i managed to drill my finger!

Lid needs a tweek today and need to fix the spare wheel bracket 8)

Hi!

Great work on the trailer, i am very tempted to clear out the crap in the garage and but a towbar for one of these.... :lol:

I'll send it round your house, so you can fix it up! ;)

Alistair

Trailers looking good, didn't take you long! When you getting the bus back?

Today I have mainly been fooked :lol: But I did a shift for the greater cause and finished the trailer :D Well I say finished but some twat rivited the lid from the top when It should have been from the bottom, so i will be rectifying that this week :msn4:

Some proof pics

007-13.jpg

008-13.jpg

009-12.jpg

If I had more time I would have had the frame powder coated, but hey not bad for the time I did it in.

Next up was to collect the bus.............colour match is better that I could have hoped 8)

Just the door was painted

011-10.jpg

Then the roof, and the gutters were blasted

016-6.jpg

015-8.jpg

014-8.jpg

013-8.jpg

012-8.jpg

I shit out on refitting the doors, and got Spence to do the work to save me time, he said the shiny scappers I picked up from C7C at Dub Freeze were shite and a bitch to fit :lol: glad I didnt do it after all, they look fine to me fitted, thats the main thing!

So now I need to get some door trims and make some speaker pods, as the doors have different bracing on the inside its now impossible to have door mounted speakers in the same place :? But ast least the doors will outlast me 8)

Just

Man, all that hard work has well paid off,
Its all looking mint 8)

Latest posts