Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only problem I have is that I can't be arsed :lol: polished up a section Friday, trouble is I have a metal polisher in the next unit at work and I feel I'm wasting my time :msn4: guess where windows are going Monday???

Right

Literally 2 seconds with the correct tool

7A05C2BF-F798-4179-94BE-C99111133A28-17710-0000050EA2F8F42E_zps9f29f9f2.jpg

He then uses some Autoglym Polish that you leave on the surface for a while then wipe off, says the shine lasts for ages and keeps corrosion at bay.

creationblue said:
Right

Literally 2 seconds with the correct tool

7A05C2BF-F798-4179-94BE-C99111133A28-17710-0000050EA2F8F42E_zps9f29f9f2.jpg

He then uses some Autoglym Polish that you leave on the surface for a while then wipe off, says the shine lasts for ages and keeps corrosion at bay.

What's the correct tool Just?

Heebee_GB said:
What's the correct tool Just?

I should have said a tool in the hands of a competent person, unlike myself :lol:

It was an angle grinder with a polishing wheel with im guessing some kind of compound, then a quick buff with another wheel.......... sorry I cant be more technical than that :lol:

creationblue said:
Shorty said:
Lol! That's cheating! :p

Yeah but you for one must understand why the temptation is so great hahah

I certainly do.. still got the other side to do yet... :roll:

I'm waiting for my new seals to arrive before taking it out again.. should be here in 3 or 4 weeks...

Shorty said:
creationblue said:
Shorty said:
Lol! That's cheating! :p

Yeah but you for one must understand why the temptation is so great hahah

I certainly do.. still got the other side to do yet... :roll:

I'm waiting for my new seals to arrive before taking it out again.. should be here in 3 or 4 weeks...

How much were they? I need just one set as I did find the one I had, So that £40 which isn't to bad...........not so good if I needed two as im only using the outer seal. Thing is I cant wait so will order one this week as the windows will be back any day.

creationblue said:
How much were they? I need just one set as I did find the one I had, So that £40 which isn't to bad...........not so good if I needed two as im only using the outer seal. Thing is I cant wait so will order one this week as the windows will be back any day.

I bought 3 black outer seals for £53 including shipping (2 for me, one for a mate) to Seattle where a colleague is going to receive them and carry back..

Shipping to the UK is offered, $25 ish versus $10 inside US...

Buying the same from another UK supplier you mentioned would have cost me another £40! :shock:

Shorty said:
creationblue said:

I bought 3 black outer seals for £53 including shipping (2 for me, one for a mate) to Seattle where a colleague is going to receive them and carry back..

Shipping to the UK is offered, $25 ish versus $10 inside US...

Buying the same from another UK supplier you mentioned would have cost me another £40! :shock:

Dead handy that 8)

Latest posts