Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of a faff putting new seals on, didnt help that it's bloody freezing I'm sure but they're in, and it was snowing too :lol: really got me in the camping mood NOT!

A652D348-E3B5-4B71-9667-0F1C27EDAA84-489-0000001752BB7DE2_zpsd2862c2b.jpg

01610EA2-C0CD-48A9-9CAF-F05BECDB616D-489-000000174D5BD70B_zps3d373427.jpg

0C1CA11A-01AB-4B83-8367-0ED65EA1C1F0-489-0000001746C95D22_zps2981c88e.jpg

I'm thinking the rear needs to come down slightly so looking at Slamworks adjustables http://www.slamwerks.co.uk/home/rear-suspension/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; What do you guys think? Will I still have plenty of clearance on the chassis legs?

Looking cool as 8)
I was thinking that back end could do with being dropped a bit too.

:shock:
Just read the whole thread *
Fantastic amount of quality work gone into this bus! 8)
Berlin interior looks a whole lot more user friendly than average westy one!
Lovin the orange poptop canvas & canopy too!!

*flicked thru & looked at pics mainly :oops:
But I got the gist of it :D

creationblue said:
I'm thinking the rear needs to come down slightly so looking at Slamworks adjustables http://www.slamwerks.co.uk/home/rear-suspension/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; What do you guys think? Will I still have plenty of clearance on the chassis legs?

It's a no brainer Just. I think the adjustables have got an inch or inch and a half drop built in so you may have to fiddle getting the splines setting correct so you don't go to low out of the box, but after that you can dial it in in a coupla minutes.

What are teledials, 16" ? Looking at your pics and going on my recent experience of fitting a pair to my Westy, I would say you've got minimum of an inch or even two inches to play with before your A arms start being an issue.

Besides, being adjustables, you can play with them to your hearts content to get the height that's right for you. It's a no lose scenario. Do It ;)

Thanks Yachty that's more money on the project :lol:

(The Tele's are 15s)

Hey Lee the words are rubbish anyway ;)

Another thing you fellas may be able to help me with, my wheel nuts seem to be loosening, drove today for 1st time with the Tele's and stopped every few miles to check (yes I'm paranoid with new rimz) and had to tighten the rears (nuts) every time :? Ok so I didn't wrench the rears tight from the start but even so........ Think I'm gonna loctite them, the front use the VW bolts and are fine. The rears are radius porsche bolts btw

creationblue said:
Thanks Yachty that's more money on the project :lol:

(The Tele's are 15s)

Well, console yourself that it will be money well spent :mrgreen:

For some reason I always thought tele's were bigger :roll: Always learning, eh :D

I still reckon you've got a fair amount of travel. If you want an accurate comparison, look at my build thread. The latest pics of my Westy's stance is with the A arms about 1mm from the chassis rail.

As for your loose nuts :shock: :lol: you had the wheels powdercoated didn't you? You need to sand the powdercoat off the rear mating face and the nut seats. ;)

Looking very nice Just, well done mate!
Think the back would be nice lower....but won't it be when you load it up anyway 8)

Blimey did realise it had been so long since I read your thread. Loving the teledials, ive got a set to go on mine (and a set of cookie cutters as I couldn't decide but know I want Porsche)

What did you do at the back, get your drums slotted and hubs redrilled or spacers, and what width you running. Ive got 6"s for the front as they have a real high offset but the rears are 7's

Also for polishing look for a kit on ebay wheels, compound and drill mounts. Stick a ziptie round the trigger of your drill, bolt it in your vice and hey ho polishing mop.

Its all these little bits you do to keep moving it along that makes me love your bus, must be that bit of the country as spaky is always on the go to.

Keep up the with the good work an pics
Karl

Latest posts