Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the wheels powder coated? If so that is your problem. Cut the powder coating off the wheel where the lug nut and wheel meet. A lot of people have lots wheels from this.

sparkywig said:
Bundy said:
Looking very nice Just, well done mate!
Think the back would be nice lower....but won't it be when you load it up anyway 8)

Especially when you hook 485kg of Rapido up..... :lol:

Very true boys :msn4: still, i think I will give them a try.....

squareweave said:
Are the wheels powder coated? If so that is your problem. Cut the powder coating off the wheel where the lug nut and wheel meet. A lot of people have lots wheels from this.

I did attempt to do this but maybe not enough, was thinking maybe wrong nuts or not tight enough, didnt want to damage anything. Thanks that's job for today....

Nugsy said:
Blimey did realise it had been so long since I read your thread. Loving the teledials, ive got a set to go on mine (and a set of cookie cutters as I couldn't decide but know I want Porsche)

What did you do at the back, get your drums slotted and hubs redrilled or spacers, and what width you running. Ive got 6"s for the front as they have a real high offset but the rears are 7's

Also for polishing look for a kit on ebay wheels, compound and drill mounts. Stick a ziptie round the trigger of your drill, bolt it in your vice and hey ho polishing mop.

Its all these little bits you do to keep moving it along that makes me love your bus, must be that bit of the country as spaky is always on the go to.

Keep up the with the good work an pics
Karl

I've used adaptors, fronts are easy being Red9, used 112 to 130, the rears are wide5 and managed to find a set of adaptors (cast alloy). The wheels are 15" x 6 with a ET42.3 so lots of tuckage which is needed to get the rears to fit. 7s will go on the back no probs with this set up.

Thanks for the comments Karl, you gotta get on moving forward, it's the Bristol way :lol:

And another thing, front brakes don't bind and it still stops 8) recommend taking the valve out the master cylinder to anyone switching front drums to discs!

great to see pics of the bus out and about and lookin good 8) - winter seems to go on for ever!
I reckon the back should come down a little and although when loaded up and trailer on it will drop, if you set up the adj. springplates at their lowest setting on the screw for unladen, it takes 5 mins to wind it back up when loaded for camping.
thats how i set mine up and it worked great - but now i have a Bus With Altitude :D

r73 said:
great to see pics of the bus out and about and lookin good 8) - winter seems to go on for ever!
I reckon the back should come down a little and although when loaded up and trailer on it will drop, if you set up the adj. springplates at their lowest setting on the screw for unladen, it takes 5 mins to wind it back up when loaded for camping.
thats how i set mine up and it worked great - but now i have a Bus With Altitude :D

Thanks Rob, i, gonna give it ago 8) Roll on summer season :D

Bit more done today whilst im in the mood :mrgreen: Wanted to add some colour to the kick panels so thought it a good idea to get the kids interested...........

22969489-0D14-4B20-AF05-E39092482AC6-4420-0000013E86EDBA9C_zps1129ae28.jpg

C5B0EDC4-71E8-4152-AE4C-E8C68BA67871-4420-0000013E919C3EC7_zps5190500a.jpg

They chose the pictures, well I instructed only splits and Early Bays hahs, (well a couple odd cool lates got in :msn4:)

Plenty of Dynamat

FFBF1086-2603-46D2-BEE2-8081DF6FCEEA-4420-0000013E95EF2B0B_zpsfe5a7f32.jpg

11C8A2EA-F488-4593-8EF8-F4E478728F96-4420-0000013E99ECB62A_zps4a8a47e3.jpg

C51DFAF3-EF08-475C-8201-A19BCC0CF024-4420-0000013E9D9E74FE_zps8b3db74f.jpg

BD65BD44-2E75-460D-9050-82D9606FCC3B-4420-0000013EA244E034_zps9269a68b.jpg

EE46FBB0-2A36-456F-A560-2AE5CC83C5ED-4420-0000013EA6714CF1_zps50224854.jpg

Then took the wheels off, ground back the rear hubs to the nut so the Porsche caps fit properly and whilst I was at it I Dremeled the wheels around the recess for the nuts..............

Looking good, is the dynamat working well?
At the moment i'm having all my interior out and thinking of extra sound isolation?

Kind regards Mycha

Ps. love the wheels

mychatype3 said:
Looking good, is the dynamat working well?
At the moment i'm having all my interior out and thinking of extra sound isolation?

Kind regards Mycha

Ps. love the wheels

Yea actually it did make a difference, before there was a fair bit of vibration, which seeing as the panels were just slotted in it was not suprising really! Now its a nice solid sound 8)

please take no offence but i wouldn`t run cast alloy adaptors , being cast and alloy your likely to pull the threads as i think thats why they are coming undone is probably they are not tight enough .Normal adaptors are 25mm steel

lhu128l said:
please take no offence but i wouldn`t run cast alloy adaptors , being cast and alloy your likely to pull the threads as i think thats why they are coming undone is probably they are not tight enough .Normal adaptors are 25mm steel

This has crossed my mind mate, anyone know of any issues with the alloy fracturing?

Lee C said:
Stealing the kick panel idea I reckon!! :lol:

Tip: use contact adhesive then apply the pictures and use a roller to flatten them down, I Pruitt stick'd em then used a PVA/water mix and they wrinkled up :? Not doing it again tho :lol:

creationblue said:
lhu128l said:

This has crossed my mind mate, anyone know of any issues with the alloy fracturing?

I'm running the cast ally 205 to 130 adapters on the back of my crew cab and they have been on there since 2006 and covered loadsa miles. They have push fit studs though so pretty difficult to pull the threads on those. Thanks for putting the wind up me though chaps.......I'm gonna give mine a visual in the morning now :lol:

yachty said:
creationblue said:
lhu128l said:

I'm running the cast ally 205 to 130 adapters on the back of my crew cab and they have been on there since 2006 and covered loadsa miles. They have push fit studs though so pretty difficult to pull the threads on those. Thanks for putting the wind up me though chaps.......I'm gonna give mine a visual in the morning now :lol:

Sound the same as mine then. Maybe ill use some loctite....

loctite and wheel bolts ? If they are torqued up to the required torque and keep coming loose there is a problem somewhere . Are they the correct bolts /nuts ?

lhu128l said:
loctite and wheel bolts ? If they are torqued up to the required torque and keep coming loose there is a problem somewhere . Are they the correct bolts /nuts ?

The nuts are correct radius porsche nuts so no prob there, as for the required torque I need to do some homework..........I was concerned about tightening them up too tight and damaging the inserts, but these are tensile steel studs inserted from the rear so little chance of pulling them through..... i'll have another look this weekend 8)

Yachty have you had any issues?

Latest posts