Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
faux said:
All I need now is the 10mm deep female fastening sockets and my be will be done.

Good luck with that Jon, I find that they arnt the best form of fastners :lol: go for a hook and eyelet......

Alistair, Thats a simple and effective set up, im liking that, esp how he has stored it away in the 'wasted' space in the roof skin.

Just

Tiki-Al said:
Hi Just, here's mine. it's a 70 westy too!
olive_razor1.jpg

Cool All, I remember seeing your pics on another thread.......photographer? You will have to do your magic on my bus, would look great printed on a large canvas......business oppertunity for you fella!!!!

Just

creationblue said:
faux said:
All I need now is the 10mm deep female fastening sockets and my be will be done.

Good luck with that Jon, I find that they arnt the best form of fastners :lol: go for a hook and eyelet......

Alistair, Thats a simple and effective set up, im liking that, esp how he has stored it away in the 'wasted' space in the roof skin.

Just

Hi!

Yeah, it's a nice simple option, very cheap too, and no drilling holes that weren't there before which I like.

A handy option to store junk and camping stuff during the day or at night when the roof is up too

In fact i don't know why i haven't done it before!

Cheers!

Alistair

aogrady said:
creationblue said:
faux said:

Just

Hi!

Yeah, it's a nice simple option, very cheap too, and no drilling holes that weren't there before which I like.

A handy option to store junk and camping stuff during the day or at night when the roof is up too

In fact i don't know why i haven't done it before!

Cheers!

Alistair

I didnt want to drill my roof so the bed is just sitting up there, it works fine without the pivots, and is stable enough not to fall down through. All i have 2 to now is convince the kids to sleep up there :lol: they wont at the mo :roll:

Just

Just

creationblue said:
Tiki-Al said:
Hi Just, here's mine. it's a 70 westy too!

Cool All, I remember seeing your pics on another thread.......photographer? You will have to do your magic on my bus, would look great printed on a large canvas......business oppertunity for you fella!!!!
Just

Thanks man, I'm by no means a professional photographer but i try!

I'd be more than happy to take some shots of your bus dude. (your only around the corner!) I generally tweak em up in photoshop like the one above. I got into it because my bro works for fastcar and redline and was always snapping cars. It's all about the location really...that's what make them look really cool!

I have a guy who prints my work and builds them onto canvas for me. He's very reasonable too. ;)
PM me if your interested.

Just spent the best part of the evening getting my Delux clock to work :roll: Ive had this for ages a '70 model, that didnt work but paid next to nothing for it.

Picture176.jpg

Picture175.jpg

These early clocks are pretty straight forward to work on as the workings are housed in the plastic cover removable with 3 x 5mm nuts. The mechanism is basic clockwork using a spring and a flywheel with the 12V supply literally recoiling the spring when the contacts close (see contacts top let of the below pic). Basically due to build-up of grime the contacts dont quite make when the spring is at its weakest just before the contacts make to re-coil, so by spraying liberally with electrical contact cleaner will usually free everything up and do the job.

Picture173.jpg

If this doesnt sort your clock then another common fault is dry solder joins on the relay connections, finally there is a solder 'fuse' this melts if the clock has a short and breaks the supply. Special low melt temp solder is required for this, if you use standard solder you run the risk of frying your clock should the same fault occure.

Picture174.jpg

Just

creationblue said:
Ok well its 40 years today she rolled off the production line.........Happy Birthday 8)

Picture038-2.jpg

Just

Happy 40th Birthday 70 Westy! :mrgreen:

I'll come and say hello in person later today.

Jon

creationblue said:
Are you verturing over in ur Bay Jon?

No sorry, much quicker in the car and they salted here on Sunday........why? The council said they were short of salt during the snow!!!

faux said:
creationblue said:
Are you verturing over in ur Bay Jon?

No sorry, much quicker in the car and they salted here on Sunday........why? The council said they were short of salt during the snow!!!

Makes perfect sense to me :roll:

See ya later 8)

Just

I have a couple of projects on the go....one is fitting the OG deluxe trim, bought off Fleebay, turned up without the clips and the offside front pointy bit that goes on the cab door :evil: but, in fairness this was rectified and the missing bits were sent, turned out to be the guys from Karmann Konnection. I polished it up with some metal polish and it came up nice and shiney, just have to try and get some of the dings out that was put in whilst prising them off! Though dont want them to purfect!

The second is refurbing the Rostyles, they are in pretty good shape to be fair, fitted a front and a rear to check they fit ect

Picture181.jpg

Tho the back is sooo tight!!

Picture182.jpg

The tyres will be replaced with 185/75s just hope the rubber will clear those rear arches :? Any one got any advise on this? The 185/55s and 185/60s that are on the rims in the pictures are coming off as my bus isnt low enough to ride with these as it looks like its jacked up with them on.

Took the rims to the powder coaters today, they will shot blasted and powdered in metalic silver all for £40 a rim 8) will just need detailing after that..........hope its worth it :? Im not sure now that they will suit my mildly lowered bus, if not i will have to slam it :lol:

Just

A good slamming needed to get those wheels to look top dollar on your bus, it can be done though 8)

Any pics of the stickers in the rear window ;)

faux said:
A good slamming needed to get those wheels to look top dollar on your bus, it can be done though 8)

Any pics of the stickers in the rear window ;)

Im onto it guys 8) Adjusters and a trip to Interpro for fitting is looking possible.........watch this space!!!! The wheels are gonna look great once refurbed, tyers came off today and the rims are in top notch condition 8) So the look needs finishing with a few inches whipped off the height.......

Picture179.jpg

Just

Latest posts