Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got up nice and early (kids :? ) time to get the bling on 8)

Started off by taping a line around roughly where the trim will go, then taped it into place making sure sure everything lined up

Picture188.jpg

Once i was happy everything lined up i then drew a line under the trim all the was round, then marked out the fixing centres.

Picture184.jpg

Next i measured up 12mm from the line i drew being the bottom of the trim to get the centres, checked i was happy again with the fit then drilled a pilot starting with the cab door and worked to the corner using a spray of waxoly with each hole i cut

Picture189.jpg

Picture185.jpg

I did a piece at a time but left the corners and the hatch trim till last. The corners were suprisingly easy fitting a treat without any fuss, i then made sure the rear hatch section was level and lined up with the corners then voila 8)

Picture186.jpg

The trim isnt perfectly straight with a few dings and bends, but suits perfectly the look of the bus, in my oppinion anyway :lol:

Picture191.jpg

Picture190.jpg

I have to say i really enjoyed this job and im well pleased with the look :D then went out for a drive with the kids & mrs whilst the sun was shining 8)

Just

Looks really nice Just, sets the bus off a treat 8)

Thanks fella's i am pleased with the look i must admit, by the time the Red9 and Rozzers are on its gonna take on a whole different look............all for the better i hope....

Just

Very nice pictures, i wish we could drive up the beach like that :(
But where's your rear safari window?

Dirty Harry said:
Very nice pictures, i wish we could drive up the beach like that :(
But where's your rear safari window?

The beach is great, trouble is the water is terrible and deffo not advisable to swim!!!!! But it does only take an hour door to door (thats an hour EB time :lol: )

The Safari has gone to a good home in the form of Faux...............I fancied a change :)

Just

Got the Rostyles back today, they have come up a treat and are supprisingly straight, bonus! Where they are welded there is a join that harbors dirt that blows the powdercoating, but im sure i can cover that with the Matt Black detail 8)

Picture206.jpg

Red9 gear turned up also, not sure im gonna get it all done before Vanwest, the instructions for the rear spring plates sound very complicated, and dangerous :lol: any tips welcome.....

Just

Looking good dooder. Who did the powder coating?

easy said:
Looking good dooder. Who did the powder coating?

Ez http://www.realitymotorworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ask for Nick, whilst ur in there pop ur head round the door, im accross the carpark 8)

Just

sparkywig said:
Hello matey, nice pics.

Rostyles look good. :)

Yea they look like new, just hope i dont ruin then masking and detailing :lol: loads of making tape and many hours i think :?

Just

Latest posts