Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkywig said:
Did you happen to see a set of 15" matt black steels at Griffs? ;)

Are u kidding, its like the abyss in there :lol: full of stuff as you know........great work tho! I was quoted 3 weeks and took only a couple of days over that to be fair.

Just

creationblue said:
easy said:
Looking good dooder. Who did the powder coating?

Ez http://www.realitymotorworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ask for Nick, whilst ur in there pop ur head round the door, im accross the carpark 8)

Just

ah thought it was Griff 8) how much did he charge? ;)

dubscum said:
creationblue said:
My eldest with an arty pic 8)

Picture207.jpg

Just

thats a very cool photo ! 8)

Im in good company fella ;) Ive been inspired by my earlybay peers 8) tho im really not worthy

Just

easy said:
creationblue said:
easy said:
Looking good dooder. Who did the powder coating?

Ez http://www.realitymotorworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ask for Nick, whilst ur in there pop ur head round the door, im accross the carpark 8)

Just

ah thought it was Griff 8) how much did he charge? ;)

EZ, twas £40 a rim, that included taking the tyres off first. Looked closely at each rim tonight and they are all straight as a die rim-wise, well pleased, almost flawless 8) hope i dont fook them up with the detail :roll:

Just

creationblue said:
soviet1942 said:
Where did you get the double bed from? Made or purchased? If purchased, from where?

Hi

Its from a Westy Continental, was a UK only model, they come up on ebay from time to time, although popular so not many bargains about :roll: or make your own, here is the drawings 8)

Westfalia-Roof-Bed-1-1.jpg

Just

Great thread dude - just read it all, we just got our first bay - a 70 westy!! I was planning on making a bed for the top, any idea where i can get the metal work from???
cheers
Rob

r73 said:
creationblue said:
soviet1942 said:
Where did you get the double bed from? Made or purchased? If purchased, from where?

Hi

Its from a Westy Continental, was a UK only model, they come up on ebay from time to time, although popular so not many bargains about :roll: or make your own, here is the drawings 8)

Westfalia-Roof-Bed-1-1.jpg

Just

Great thread dude - just read it all, we just got our first bay - a 70 westy!! I was planning on making a bed for the top, any idea where i can get the metal work from???
cheers
Rob

Thanks matey,
Its a case of looking about or making some bits based on the above theme, someone on The Samba sent me some brackets (based on the D-shaped ones that keep the bed from falling though the hole, altho look nothing like 'em) you welcome to these....

If i was gonna build one i think i would go the simple route of using 3 or so boards upholstered and placed accross the gap, much easier to make without the need for metalwork ect and can be stored in the void in the roof space where the sunroof would slide into if you had one :lol: Hope that makes sense.....

Just

<SNIP>

If i was gonna build one i think i would go the simple route of using 3 or so boards upholstered and placed accross the gap, much easier to make without the need for metalwork ect and can be stored in the void in the roof space where the sunroof would slide into if you had one :lol: Hope that makes sense.....

Just

Hi!

You need something like this. I'll be doing this soon........(well, when i get around to it anyway.....)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=354101&sid=388cff971b606b6186f92a49addf0d7d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers!

Alistair

aogrady said:
<SNIP>

Just

Hi!

You need something like this. I'll be doing this soon........(well, when i get around to it anyway.....)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=354101&sid=388cff971b606b6186f92a49addf0d7d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers!

Alistair

Thats what i was trying to decribe 8) :lol:

Just

Right, had some fun and games at the tyre fitters today, they ordered me in 165/60/14 and 165/80/14s, but the 80 profile tyre was so skinny there was no way it was going on the 5.5" rim! So after looking at a number or options i went for 165/65s for the front just to give a bit of extra comfort (ok so i bottled the lower profile!!) and 175/70s on the rear. This combo suits the wheels and the widths are pretty close with the taller sidewall giving me a better circumference on the rear whilst giving me clearance for the arch

Picture212.jpg

Picture210.jpg

Thats the theory, now to get that bus down and bolt those beuties on 8)

Just

creationblue said:
Grazy said:
Just need some blinging caps now Just 8)

I got 3 lol :roll: Know where I can get a set do you Graze?

Just

Call Scott Wilson dood, he has top quality sets 8) had mine on over the winter and they are still like new (ace chrome) 8)

easy said:
creationblue said:
Grazy said:
Just need some blinging caps now Just 8)

I got 3 lol :roll: Know where I can get a set do you Graze?

Just

Call Scott Wilson dood, he has top quality sets 8) had mine on over the winter and they are still like new (ace chrome) 8)

Cheers fella, but Scott dont have any at present, I got 3 shiney NOS SA centres, im sure some1 will come up trumps ;)

Just

Have you managed to get wheels on yet? my ez rider kit arrived today so would love to see what yours looks like so i can order my tyres :)

STUMP said:
Have you managed to get wheels on yet? my ez rider kit arrived today so would love to see what yours looks like so i can order my tyres :)

Not yet m8 :? planned for this weekend, but forcast rain down these parts, watch this space tho........

What rims you rollin?

Just

early 14" wide five steelies with dome hubcaps. Hopefully going to put my kit on this weekend to, so we could compare notes on monday :?: :lol:

STUMP said:
early 14" wide five steelies with dome hubcaps. Hopefully going to put my kit on this weekend to, so we could compare notes on monday :?: :lol:

Im gonna give the front end ago at least in the morning. Report back here tomorrow :lol:

Just

Latest posts