• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Squareback for sale, she's slammed and solid, with pix...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamilee

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am selling my squareback after much deliberation, so here goes.....

MOT about 8 months, tax about 2 months.

Car was subject to a full body off resto around 7 years ago of which i have copies of all photos, suffice to say it was stripped back to virtually nowt and rebuilt. Car was blue but has been fully repainted in VW anthracite which looks great. Previous owner had it 10 years and spent a fortune on it, then the engine blew up, he was let down by a garage that was gonna rebuild it and never did, then he got married and more important things took over and the car sat. I knew about the car locally for ages an always wanted it, and after much persuasion, he sold it to me....

Good points:-
- Super solid with all gnarly welding done well (photos to prove)
- Slammed on the deck, lowest car i have owned
- 1600 twin carb engine that doesnt rattle or evrn leak!!
- "Early look" car combination of early and late wings ie the back wings have the superior later airvents, but the cool early lights and reflectors, fronts have late fuel filler cap, but early indicators.
- Have 10 years of history from Andi (prv owner) including birt certificate from VW in Wolfsburg.
- Proper comfy Sparco bucket seats (on proper runners)
- No carpet so you can see exactly how solid it is.

Bad points:-
- 1973 so not tax exempt
- As above, it is SLAMMED, so ride is quite harsh, but you knew that right?
- Solid car, but some bubbly rust, mostly on the bolt on wings so repairable/ replaceable. Drivers door has hole on bottom hence the gaffa tape.
- Hole on front scuttle about 10p size, I am happy to repair this though dependant on what price is agreed.
- Wheels are looking a little past their best, thought about painting them read and putting whitewalls on for the hot rod look.

Car is by no means a show stopper and with a little TLC could be, the hard work has been done although it still looks wicked and I PROMISE YOU MOST PEOPLE STOP AND STARE AT IT as you drive past (I am sure mst people think "what the f+ck is that?")

Anyways, price is £2750 ovno and enjoy the piccies. They were taken in the pissing rain yesterday, so prob not the best.

If you wanna know more eitehr call me on 07816 999223 pm me or email is [email protected] I can email pics of the resto, but not sure how to post them on here as they are PDF. Car is in Watford, Herts.

Thanks for looking.... Chris.

PB211088.jpg

PB211089.jpg

PB211067.jpg

PB211066.jpg

PB211071.jpg

PB211072.jpg

PB211073.jpg

PB211076.jpg

PB211077.jpg

PB211080.jpg

Latest posts