Standard Oil hose size?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there a standard or size for rubber oil hose used on full flow systems?

Just had the hose from the case to my remote cooler split (looks like it had been rubbing against the heat exchanger) and looking to order a replacement. I know the existing hose fitted by previous owner is about 8cm circumference and has the characters 020409A printed on.

Any recommendations?

Usually half inch to suit AN-8 fittings.

Sent from my Siswoo C55 using Tapatalk

rlepecha said:
Usually half inch to suit AN-8 fittings.

Thanks.

Just took some of my existing hose (bore size is about 13mm) to a company who supply automotive and hydrolic hose but they didn't have anything of the same thickness.

Any company suggestions?

I'm not sure thickness is relevant. You just need a hose with the same bore that has a temperature rating up to or above about 100c and pressure rating of 100psi or more.

I've got push fit aeroquip 400 series fittings on my oil lines, not sure if the hose is suitable for barbs etc. But its this sort of stuff, http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race/oil-hose-fittings/automotive-plumbing-solutions-400-series-synthetic-rubber-hose-reinforced-with-textile-braiding-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts