Starter Motor Sticking..?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vil

Reaction score
Just got in my Bay and turned the key in the ignition and nothing.. :(
I get a click when I first turn the key into position, then when turning again to start nothing happens except the 2 warning lights on the dash clock dim slightly.. :roll:
I think the starter motor may be sticking, any one else have any other opinions? :?

I have tried tapping the starter motor with a hammer to see if it frees anything up but the problem persists!

Seems to be a common problem at the moment, I had this recently and so did someone else, usually down to a poor connection at the SM end, it was suggested to me to clean all the connections etc and make sure they are a tight fit.

Has only happened to me once and mine started again after leaving it for 10 minutes :?

the female spade connector works loose with age , close the terminal in or replace the connector and see if that does the trick :wink: mine did it last week and wouldnt start for over an hour or so and was just about to push out on to road so i could bump it down the hill and i thought one last try and the thing burst into life :?

Latest posts