Starter problems ... please help!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blogdroed

Reaction score
My bus has been in the garage being welded and mended for the past few months, but now it seems she won't start.

She has been turned over every now and then whilst in the garage, but on trying to start her last week ... nothing.
On turning the ignition, all the ignition lights come on, but there's no 'click'.
I've tried a new battery and a new starter motor but still no joy. I've also changed the fuses too, just in case.

When she's 'bumped' she starts so I'm a little bit lost as to why she won't turn with the ignition. If anyone can help or suggest things I should check that would be great!

:oops:

Yep, both those have been checked - after trawling through the archive here I found a thread with a similar problem and the answer was a dicky ignition barrel, so may well try a swutch to see if that cures it before ordering a new barrel.

Ta.
:)

probably the 12v wire to the starter from the ignition ,these wires breakdown with age..

If you bridge the starter solenoid with a spanner or screwdriver, after making sure it's in neutral with handbreak on and no limbs near the wheels you should be able to tell if it is the ignition switch as it'll turn the motor over, you get some small sparkage but don't panic :)

We had exactly that problem on holiday in France last week. After crawling around underneath found that the wire had parted company just enough from the connector on the starter motor to break continuity

Latest posts