starting issues

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyboy

Reaction score
Hi after some advice please ,my bus will start up first time no problems if i drive any distance stop then try to restart its very slow like the battery is flat .
if i pump the accelerator it gets better . sounds funny i know but it feels like the engine is underload .my second thougths are the starter motor ???? on its way out .

any help would be great :)

i'm no mechanic , but mine has had similar issues , try cleaning the carb out !! :msn4:

yeah that does indeed sound like a hot start issue

try cleaning all the connectors in line from battery to ignition switch and back again to solenoid, fit new starter bush and if its still happening the relay is an easy solution

Had similar on mine a couple of years ago - starter bush (the one in the engine housing) was squished. Also it may be your starter gummed up inside - take off the end cover (Watch for brushes pinging) and clean up the commutator by scraping out the grooves and lightly sanding the commutator to give a good connection to the brushes.
While the starter is out you can clean the connections to the solenoid too :)

thanks for all replys i took the bus for MOT last week which all was good .
left of work and went to start it up nothing at all .
tracked fault to key switch which is now replaced while i was doing this i did remove starter and replace all terminals. fitted new earth strap and live strap so all is good at the mo .
just need to go on a run now and see if once hot it still becomes slow to start .

thanks

Latest posts