Status Window rubbers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grazy

Reaction score
Bought the full status door kit and set about fitting it today , but having never done this before it was all very trial and error , and error :lol:

Has anyone else purchased this kit ??? and is there an easy step by step guide anyone could sugguest as I am getting in a bit of a pickle .

Got one door 75% done just gotta get inner scraper on and get quarter light seal to stay put

By the way the Status rubbers look like quality gear and fit like a glove well chuffed ,i hope i can do it justice by fitting it properly

Thanks any help gratefully recieved :wink:

Hi Addict kit was £200 to my door ,

Aaron no spanners yet waiting for the postlady to bring em`

No tips yet struggled a bit TBH , Need advice

I bought the full status seal kit, excellent quality. Unfortunately never fitted them myself, was done when put back together after the respray. 8)

use a litle wd40 to lube them up, they sometimes fight you if they are fitted dry.
inner scrapers normally need a blunt screwdriver to "pop"the clips in.
id wrap some insulation tape around the screwdriver to stop it damaging the rubbers and paintwork.
good luck :wink:

Cheers Chris you must have been watching this afternoon . as it is the inner scraper and quarter light rubber giving me grief .

More tips PLEASE :shock:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=266096&highlight=

It was a year ago now since i did mine. Sorry bud, can't remember the sequence but the only thing i will say is 'take your time' and as SK says WD40!

I'll be getting the status stuff sometime in the future after a link from here.
I'd be interested to hear what the inner/outer window scraper are like - I fitted some 'new' ones a few years ago and the rubber hardly meets the glass, meaning plenty of water runs down into the door....

Just athought - instead of WD40 (oily) might a silicon lubricant spray be better (dries to 'dust')....?

I got OE rubbers/scrapers from JK last year, not to bad to install, the quarterlights are very tricky and need to be put in at 45' and tilted upright. Use a blunt screwdriver to ease the clips into the holes in the window slot and never try and smooth them flat with you finger tips...........they take ages to heal :cry:

vaseline lads and lots of it also handy for the cuts and scratches afterwards

Latest posts