Steering Lock Recommendations

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbmkk

Reaction score
I've just bought my first campervan, so I am obviously keen not to let somebody else take it.

I intend buying a steering wheel lock, but there seem many to choose from.

What are the best ones to go for ?

Obviously I'll have to make sure it fits my sort of van (VW T3 Westfalia).

thanks for any advice provided. :D

I have also just got my first van on the road and am also looking at security I am thinking of making a lock for the hand brake to lock the lever in the on possition. I am not a big fan of steering wheel locks and they my damage my wheel I may consider a coated motor bike chain.

I got a covered heavy duty chain that I flop over the spoke of the steering wheel and then padlock it to the brake pedal with the steering on full lock. Might just slow them down a bit :shock: . You can`t stop the theiving scumbags towing it away on a towtruck though :evil: So a tracker is always on my mind and an electronic hidden fuel cut off valve for the chancers that might just hot wire it :x . They are far too easy to steal because of the old technology so maybe the tracker is the best answer :?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Must do something soon as well :mrgreen:

This what i use on mine :idea:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20667" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bike d lock around steering wheel and the bit that connects the seeing column to the dash... Works quite well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Latest posts