still cutting out

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokeseys

Reaction score
had enough of this Effin bus now!!!
took my bus for mot / service. on route there was alot of oil coming out of rocker yet oil level above maximum. after gaining advice this may have been due to undertaking short journeys ( which i was when moving house) and fuel mixing with oil.

anyway drove back frkm garage about 10 miles and no cutting out but did seem hot. i did take engine out as i wanted to replace oil cooler and tinware as this was worse for wear. i also changed fuel pump fuel lines and fuel filter ( which i put by gearbox) anyway atfee doing all of that and refitting engine it cut out after about a mile but restarted almost straight away.

i thought this maybe an issue with new fuel pump so replaced with old one as i knew this worked. anyway took it for a drive and about a minute into drive it cut out again. restarted and continued to do this back home.

when i replaced fuel pump i did disturb distributor. the engine does tick over and will rev but once driving it cuts out. there is fuel in the filter.

i Dont know what could be the issue with it especially when it was running before i took engine out. i know i should have just left it but the tinware was knackered and did seem to be running very hot!!

Latest posts