strange (or not so strange) headlight question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monty

Reaction score
Had a few wiring problems since the alarm guy put the system in to our new rebuild, and I now need some advice.

I had a problem with the headlights blowing the number 3 fuse (full beam) which appeared to be down to a loose wire (the wire to the back of the instrument panel was off hence the problem) but all fixed now, except I can only get the headlights to flash when I am either on side or dipped mains. If the lights are not on in any shape or form, the headlights won't flash when I pull back on the indicator stalk. (ignition on / engine on)

so my question is, should the headlights on a 69 van flash without any power going to the lights (i.e. the switch is in the off position) or have I got to trace yet another fault caused by the alarm guy? (this will be wiring issue number 5)

is it a US van? The US headlight relay doesn't have a permanent live feed meaning your lights have to be on. If it's UK then you might be missing this wire or the fuse might be blown.

Latest posts