Struggling to source a part, any ideas?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlydog

Reaction score
I'm looking for the seal that fits between the filler neck and body behind the fuel flap. None of the major suppliers have it, I've even contacted VWH and they have no idea either. Has anyone else sourced one and if so where from please?

If its the one I'm thinking of why not make one out of some rubber inner tube ;)

Chris

crede999 said:
If its the one I'm thinking of why not make one out of some rubber inner tube ;)

Chris

Yes I was thinking about making one as a last resort but couldn't think what to use. Good idea, I have spare inner tubes as I'm a road biker. Sweet! Bit of a pain no one makes them though? I would have thought it helps to stop the smell of fuel after filling up.

My bus didn't come with one and it was an original un-messed with 86k FSH 1 owner bus, original bill of sale, original paint no rust and as you may have guess un-messed with.

Why would you think it would need one other than the paint having a buffer filler neck to body? Or just bolted together they are not going to move.

Whilst I took my original one out to paint I fitted an equally nice one, again, no gasket.

There must be someone who knows :msn4:

There's one from the USA on eBay at the moment for sale. He rekons its genuine vw according to the ad and it looks like it has a gasket/seal.

eBay item: 271088232119

just chucked my filler neck in the blast cabinet, my gasket is beige viynl like used on the interior :shock: but its the first time its been out

The part number for the seal is 211 201 193 A.
Heritage can get it via Classic Parts:
http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_act_vwclassicParts.search.htm?classicSearchText=211+201+193+A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vwed said:
The part number for the seal is 211 201 193 A.
Heritage can get it via Classic Parts:
http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_act_vwclassicParts.search.htm?classicSearchText=211+201+193+A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lol nice one ed, it seems you know more than VWH as they said they cannot source the part when I contacted them! Brill thank you :mrgreen:

Latest posts