Stu & Clare Present Murphy - Aircooled Campout 2020 Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For all the pics we took

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i105/sdfordyce1978/VW%20Festival%202012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well today two parcels turned up for Murphy!

One was a seal kit for the front lights and the other was a parcel from Hong Kong - I thought I would try one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110929767339?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First the front indicator seals - I noticed at VW Fest there was a bit of water getting in so thought it best to get some new ones on.

Eewla.jpg

Rotten old seals

2Kj7S.jpg

Old one out

i5z8Z.jpg

New vs Old

VbKp9.jpg

All water tight

FIdP8.jpg

Now for the AFO Automatic Powder Extinguisher!! Came from Hong Kong in about 2 weeks, it is rigid polysyrene type ball filled with powder. One the box it says it has a life of 5 years following installation. It came with the cage and a small wall fixing kit. To be honest I was pleasantly surprised.

Hong Kong Box

Bl6JD.jpg

waJ0L.jpg

Now at the moment I dont really have time to fabricate a bracket to install it permanantly but as it is here I thought with the suitable application of tie wraps and some lateral thinking my engine bay would be safe while I mulled over the options for a permanent solution.

Here is what I ended up with

VJc2j.jpg

8jcoK.jpg

HnIJh.jpg

I know its not an elegant solution but will suffice! Hopefully wont need it anyway but couldnt justify the cost of a full firetec at the moment!

On another note does anyone know where I can get the engine bay roof material?

The insulation looks very much like the stuff you can use in cavity walls. Then wrap it in a plastic bag. Rackhams also do the ply sheets to fit over the top.

Cheers for the info buddy - do you have a link to some suitable insulation or will simple household stuff do?
Not too sure about wrapping it in plastic bag though - might melt lol!

If you search closed cell foam on eBay there is a guy on there that does a fire retardent foam sheet for engine bays... Thinking of getting some for my bus.... Pretty cheap too

creationblue said:
Nice bus, seems like we got the same taste in Buses 8)

wqtXP.jpg

Just

Haha - well you cant argue with impeccable taste now can you! You going to BusFest?
Where did you get your rear deluxe bumper trims from? - I cant find a pair anywhere (other than the repro set on fleabay) and they are £££!!!

Well today I thought I would give him a wash and measure up and fit some cheap carpet we got from a stall at VW Fest to protect our ice white madmatz tiles in the rear.

Wash pics (forgot to take after as it started spitting!!)

Rylbh.jpg

38ogv.jpg

I also fitted an EarlyBay.com script badge from the group buy and took a shot of Murphy all tucked up in the garage.

After some measuring and a rough plan I started with this

REk78.jpg

Before shot side

W1Hzp.jpg

And Walkthrough

AeJaT.jpg

With the overcarpet fitted

pYjqk.jpg

iCPQ8.jpg

Should keep the tiles in good order with the two dogs on board and may even offer some noise dampening :lol:

Gratutious shot of shiny badge

y8EVH.jpg

And finally tucked up in the garage

fLc0t.jpg

Time for a beer now!

Well today before packing for BusFest I have attempted to complete a few jobbies.

I ordered and recieved a mesh screen from Rackhams for the front grill so wanted to fit that,my westie roof toggle was past its best so wanted to fit a new one, I had a cracked indicator lens so wanted to replace them with clear units and finally a small westie badge to glue on!

Quick trip to the shops then load up ready for the morning!! See you peeps there!

New Bits
OGBPR.jpg

Fly screen missing
I2Doe.jpg

Fits lovely
Y0deW.jpg

And finished
o5gjc.jpg

Old Toggle
NY7iO.jpg

In with the new - and it matches 8)
v7pBT.jpg

Old cracked indicator
skZia.jpg

Bg3db.jpg

Nice new ones fitted
uPEl4.jpg

StuF said:
Haha - well you cant argue with impeccable taste now can you! You going to BusFest?
Where did you get your rear deluxe bumper trims from? - I cant find a pair anywhere (other than the repro set on fleabay) and they are £££!!!

I got the set a few years ago, its just a case of keeping your ears to the ground really, Yea we are at Busfest, see you there 8)

While your at Vanfest get another roof toggle to replace that yellow one that i doute will last too long. Get a WCM grey one.

Now stuck by the side of the road with a shattered alternator top pulley! Recovery to the rescue!

Back on the road again after a new belt and top pulley - cheers gadget for the telephone help!
That GSF in Nots is in a proper rough location

Some pics from this weekends BusFest - although it didnt have the best of starts we ended up having a fantastic weekend. Best show of the year for us. Thanks Clem for setting up the EarlyBay camping! Cracking spot.

5c28bc64.jpg

ef81870d.jpg

46eae74c.jpg

924ae24c.jpg

c8db2f0e.jpg

6a063729.jpg

5a4ccc79.jpg

e372449d.jpg

cbc0e865.jpg

a5600eaf.jpg

f9e2161f.jpg

132c0911.jpg